Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Don't ask questions....just go down the road.

Wise words...unless the sign along side of the road says something like "Bridge Out".

This past week was our church's 20th annual missions conference. Just so happened (yeah, right!) the main missionary speaker is a missionary to Taiwan, and has started churches all over Taiwan, Hong Kong and of course, China. He is the one who said "Don't ask questions, just go down the road". Obviously he was speaking about being in God's will. Seriously, if we asked questions about the "biggies" in our life...then got all the answers ahead of time? I think frontal lobotomies would be more popular than plastic surgery.

We are at the point where I don't want to ask any questions....lest I know the answer.

Currently we are waiting on the home study to be written up. I thought the final draft would have been done by now. Once that is done, it, along with the form for the USCIS (United States Citizenship & Immigration Services) will be sent to our agency in Colorado. They in turn will prepare the I800A form and send it in.

Sometime, in the meantime, we will receive a fingerprint notice to have those taken again. Yes, that's right, again. You know, in case the prints the FBI took have changed.

If our fingerprints pass, and please pray that they do on the first time, we will receive that notice in the mail. That notice has a number attached to it, and I'm thinking it's 797. We will immediately send that form to our agency so it can go in our dossier to China. Our papers are due to China by July 8th. Sounds like a long time away, BUT, this is a lengthy process. We will have to wait to get the "invite" for the fingerprints. After they are done, it could be up to 90 days, if the prints are accepted. This is pretty much out of our hands now. The faster the government works (I hear your giggles....) the faster this process goes. That's it, in a nutshell.

"And he said unto them, it is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power." Acts 1:7


In other words, God is saying, "I set the timetable, so quit yer belly-aching."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a HUGE blessing to have Evan at New Day. While all of this paper-chasing and waiting is going on, he is happily attending preschool everyday, and enjoying all the love and attention of his foster parents. And of course what would a post be without pictures? This one is one of my favorites. This photo was taken right around the time of the Chinese New Year. (end of January 2009)



1 comment:

Tami said...

Great attitude!

I love your 'frontal lobotomy' reference....SO TRUE!! So many times I think of God as Jack Nicholson (MUCH more benevolent, of course;-)...in A Few Good Men...when he emphatically states on the stand, "You can't handle it!!!!"...We weren't made to understand and handle much of what God does. He does provide us just the right amount, at the proper time, so we CAN handle what we need to do or face.

Praying YOUR timing with all this gov't paperwork is HiS timing and you are able to hold Evan soon. In the mean time, it is such an unbelievable blessing our kiddos are at ND while we all wait. Praise the Lord!

OX~Tam