
I am very excited to announce that after his first box failed to arrive, Evan's 2nd box has arrived in china!! I woke up Wednesday morning to a "Christmas Morning" caliber email from Karen at New Day. Liv and Mas were SO excited to see their new brother, and Elizabeth opening up all the goodies that they picked out for them. All day on Wednesday, Mas would exclaim that Evan was wearing his new Lightening McQueen PJ's to bed. Then Liv would chime in, "Yeah, and he's sleeping with the orange frog I picked out for him."
Both children are acutely aware of what time it is in China. At bedtime prayers, Mas especially will say, "It's morning time in China!" Liv usually follows up with something about Evan getting ready for school, or is at school, etc. Even during breakfast, they will talk about how maybe he had a bath before bed. I can't begin to express how grafted into our family Evan is. The kids are just waiting...patiently too, I should add.
I would love to take them with on our trip. They are young, but I think for Liv especially, she would leave China a different little girl. She is not a typical child, and I think if she were able to come with us, all that is in her heart would be solidified. At that point, I could start counting the days until she left for the mission field.
What a blessing to see all the joy in watching Elizabeth and Evan open up a box of inexpensive, but priceless gifts that were selected from the hearts of two little ones on the other side of the world.














5 comments:
Oh Molly!...I'm SO glad to see that your package arrived safely this time. We joined in prayer with you that it would. The photos are priceless and it's such a gift that New Day captures these precious moments and shares them with you! And I know I mentioned this before, but I think it's WONDERFUL that you sent a gift for Elizabeth, too... the sweet smile on her face!...it blesses my heart to see!! :)
Hugs,
~Tanya
p.s.>> Thanks for your uplifting comment on my blog... I will certainly update it when I have news to share!! :) God Bless!!! <><
Glad to hear the package finally arrived!! These pictures are great! I love seeing the pure joy in their faces. Your kiddos at home did a great job picking out the fun items. Evan is just so adorable! There's something about hime that makes you just want to squeeze him and the twinkle in his eyes when he smiles just goes right to your heart;-).
I'm happy to hear things are looking up on the home front too! PTL!
Oh, I'm sure you've seen it, but there is just THE CUTEST picture of Evan in the ND scrapbook under business lunch. Oh my, is it a keeper:-).
OX~Tami
Hi! I've posted before, but haven't introduced meyself. I'm Kelly and we have sponsored Gracie at New Day for 8 months now and love to follow all the kids and pray for them. My little girls have sent care packages for Gracie and others and just loved picking out stuff for their 'friends' and receiving the pictures of the gifts being opened. How wonderful that your kids have this opportunity to start bonding with Evan! Thanks for sharing the pictures! He looks great, and so does Elizabeth. Made my day!!
Blessings,
Kelly
Yes, I'm sure it was just like Christmas morning to get that email!!! I'm so glad the package for Evan arrived safe and sound! These are such great pictures!! Hope all is moving along well with the paperwork!
When we sent packages for Sarah, I started using the flat rate boxes (at the post office) and they usually got to New Day in about two weeks. I don't know if that is a faster time frame or not than other types of boxes, but thought I'd mention it. :)
What an amazing gift to see pictures of him as he looks at pictures of you!!!! I'm praising God with tear filled eyes!!!!
Post a Comment