Our day at school Tuesday revolved around this:
I'm Thankful that I have been given the conviction and opportunity to home school. It certainly wasn't an 'asked for' adventure, but, nevertheless, it's one I'm pleased to be on. It's also nice to celebrate "Pajama Day" about 3 times a week and have recess first.
Tuesday, our school was not laced with police officers, and the kids did not walk to school in fear for their lives. (OK, well I was a little fearful...I kinda have a fear about boats and sinking and drowning...nothing major.) We spent the morning and part of the afternoon at a nearby Christian camp digging into nature and science, while digging into God's Word. After a picnic lunch by the creek, we went canoeing. I faced my fear and paddled the canoe...only where I could see the bottom ensuring I would be able to rescue the kids and survive if we capsized. It was actually really fun! Can't say I'll do it in deeper water though...especially as the mom-eating fish live in those unknown waters of the deep After that, we went to the fire station, met firefighters, learned fire safety and rode in the big ladder truck. What more can you ask for in a day of school?
I'm thankful that my kids don't have to dodge stray bullets, or walk past gangs on the way to school. I'm thankful they get the truth, right from the Bible. I'm thankful am able to stay home with the kids to home school them. I am also thankful I have an unbelievably awesome and involved husband who wishes he could stay home and home school as well. (He'll have to after second grade math!)


No comments:
Post a Comment