So, we have this Y membership. We have wanted one for several years, but it has definitely NOT been in the budget. With my husbands job, he receives a great "wellness" benefit. Actually, everyone in our family receives 500 wellness dollars a year. HOLY COW! Yeppers, we have a Y membership, AND the kids have swim classes, paid for by wellness dollars. I have recently found a new friend in the elliptical machine Yeah, I know, I should be a size 4 right? To top it all off...my friend also has her little guy in the same swim class, and while the kids swim we work out on those "roundabouts" as I like to call them. Elliptical sounds like a big scary satellite or something....not my cup of coke.
Then there is our 'new to us' table. It's great. We purchased it from a friend who moved away...darn. It is a regular dining room table that we ALL fit at, with food on the table. Our old one was promoted to the home school room. I love that our new table has been loved before, so I can't freak out about scratches, fork marks, etc. It currently seats six and there is an empty chair. Hmmm.... Most every night one of asks who is going to fill that chair. The kids cast their votes, "a sister," "Polly," "Samuel," and so one. Yes, there is definitely somebody missing from our family who belongs in that chair. We trust the Lord will bring him/her to us in His perfect time.
(Craig and sweet, sweet Samuel at New Day...who's papers are on the Shared list now..and if we could...anyone want to help?)
We are also thankful for our dentist. I know, most people loathe them, but Dr. Joe and the gang are a different breed. I've been going there since I was 8, and sorely missed them while we were in PA. Well, we're back, and yesterday was Evan's very first dental appointment. HE DID GREAT!!! It worked out where I was also getting my teeth cleaned at the same time. I was a bit nervous to leave him in the next room with Livvy, Jack and Miss Jody the hygienist. Silly, silly mama. (it was the plan that Evan went first...when do plans go as planned?) There was so much laughter coming from the next room, I thought my heart would explode with joy. If ya'll could have Dr. Joe as a dentist, the world would be a much better place...WITH shiny white teeth to boot. NO cavities for anyone...even Evan. They said he is looking good and not to worry. That is MUCH to be thankful for.
I'm also thankful for a backyard. Seriously folks, I'm a simple kinda girl, who could happily live on a gazillion acres, in a quaint little air conditioned, dry basement,wifi'd little lemonade sipping front porch farmhouse the middle of a field of dandelions. Coming from a no yard townhouse, sure makes all of us thankful for the little yard we have now.
I'll end this post with the kids. Livvy has taken Evan on as her personal person to boss around. She's in charge of helping him pick out his clothes, getting his toothbrush ready, and 'informing' him of rules. She thrives on teaching and leadership (or bossing...whatever) and we'll just run with that and correct as we need to. Evan does everything that Jack does. Seriously, word for word! He watches and studies him....it's downright hysterical. Good thing that Jack is my more compliant and obedient child. WHEW! Jack likes to make sure that Liv picks out clothes for Evan that matches his. He likes to be Evan's 'twin.' That's really cute, because they are as different looking as night and day. What a blessing that Jack is still pure and innocent enough to see the heart, rather than the outward shell of a person.
Then there's Evan. He has really exploded in joy and personality. I think he misses China...especially the food. He squeals with excitement in the 'ethnic' aisle at the grocery store. Poor kid. We'll have to so something about that. He also has some favorite toys now. We think it's hysterical. He goes NO WHERE without his two most beloved toys. I sneaked in his room and snagged a picture of him napping with them. Have a giggle for yourself. :0)
Yes...that's right, a little African Baby Alive doll and a toy revolver. That's my boy!


9 comments:
If by "anyone want to help" you are wondering if we would help you bring Samuel...or any other little one...home, then the answer is "YES!!!" We could definitely pull that one off. :)
Don't you like how I act as spokesman for the entire blog community? :)
Hi - Samuel has such a place in my heart as well. What a sweet picture of him, thank you for posting about him! I am praying we hear good news soon that he is matched!
Oh and silly me .. forgot to tell you I followed along as you brought home Evan - all your kiddos are beautiful. And I SO agree with you on that remote, grassy, lemonade sippin front porch, ha!
Love this post! I also saw that Samuel is on the shared list. We were able to visit with him a bit. He is such a cutie!
Unfortunately we don't have our kitchen table is a bit on the small side. We are in the process of looking for another one. I am really hoping I can find one at a garage sale. I hate the thought of buying a brand new one. I am also (secretly) hoping there is at least one extra chair (don't tell my husband).
I LOVE the picture of Evan. What is it about our boys? Drew loves to play with the girls' dolls but will then turn around and be playing guns with gabe.
We always wanted a cousin (or whatever the proper term is) named Samuel or Polly. I think we have the makings of a good fundraising team!
Mary
Hi Molly,
I LOVED this post. It was very sweet to read. I especially liked the stories about the kids. It seems like Evan has made a wonderful transition into the family! What a blessing. I also loved the picture of Evan with this favorite toys. Very cute.
Oh, and we would definitely help you bring Samuel home! :) He is such a cutie. Need to fill that extra seat! Can't wait to see what God has in store for your family.
Thanks for all your prayers for Nathan and all of us! I'm so very grateful!
Kelly
I think you are well on your way to a fundraising team for
"the Samuel fund!" Oh my goodness, that is exciting. Depending on how this current fundraiser ends up I may have to donate anonymously or Jeff might kill me (HA!) ... but I am there for you if you decide to make it happen!!!
I love this post,especially the photo of Evan asleep. And just think, with two little China treasures it will make all those ethnic meals you'll be stirring up so worth it the time and learning curve! :-)
(I'm still trying to get anything Chinese to turn out in my kitchen. I've decided that the box meals from the ethnic aisle at WalMart are my best bet, paired with frozen egg rolls of course.)
Hugs,
Valerie
It is nice to "meet" you!
I have had such a good laugh over the last picture on this post. It could be a picture of our 5 year old, adopted from china last year. He does the exact same thing - right down to the books all lined up along the edge of his bed. He sleeps with a doll, a gun and a rescue vehicle. I always feel so much safer going to sleep at night. :)
Way too funny!
Post a Comment