Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bruises, Stitches, Legos & Kisses...

That's what little boys are made of....and a little boy is what we are having!

Of course, Olivia promptly told the sonographer we'd be going back to China for 2 sisters...you know to even out the odds. Gotta love the faith of children. Yes, I'm sure we'll eventually even out the odds, but right now...survival is priority #1.

We are very thankful for a new little boy. Evan and Jack think it's pretty cool. Liv has taken over the sonogram pictures and is quite competent to make sure everyone who sees them, knows we're having a boy. Guess there's nothing like an A&P class in 1st grade!

Honestly, I was quite surprised this little one is a boy. I had all the same symptoms as I did with Liv. This baby is super duper active like she was...hiding, kicking the doppler, etc. Uh-oh. But, well, there's no mistaking, it's a boy!

The pregnancy has not been going well. Beyond the usual "barf bucket O' fun" of the first trimester I do have some progesterone issues, preterm labor, and gestational diabetes. The practice I went to with Jack was great, so I went with them again, but the whole atmosphere and a few of the docs changed...and not for the better. I admit, I get a little combative about my children...and this kiddo is no exception.

I asked the Lord for a big favor...to give me a new set of docs.

And...He did! Because of the pregnancy being higher risk then they felt comfortable with, my practice booted me out to the high risk unit at the hospital. :0) It's lovely. Really, and truly...I'm not being sarcastic, I promise! This little one and I are under some exceptional care. The best of the best, and I'm thrilled.

So far, even with all the risks, that my body is posing to the baby, they say he looks great. 18 weeks down!

7 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Oh! A boy!!! How wonderful!!! Of course, a girl would have been wonderful, too. :) I've been praying for you and that precious little bundle of yours, and I am THRILLED to hear that things are going well! And hooray for the new team of doctors! God's good at taking care of us, isn't He?!?!

Gwen said...

A boy! Congrats!
I had to laugh at how your daughter is "adjusting" to the fact that she will soon have three brothers! ;)
So glad things are going well and you were blessed with a better doctor situation.
Glad you're feeling better-- take care!

Mandi said...

Congratulations, Molly! Boys are SO much fun! Sorry to hear things aren't going too well with the pregnancy, but at least you are now with a great group of doctors. I will continue praying for you and the new little one.

Does Evan understand he is going to be a big brother to a tiny little baby???

Jenna said...

WOO HOO!!!! So excited for you!!!! I hope you will be feeling better soon, and SO thrilled for the new set of doctors. What a difference that will make!!!!

Learning Together at Home said...

That's wonderful news! Boys are so fun and so sweet all at the same time!

I'm sorry you are having a tough time with this pregnancy and yet I am rejoicing with you that you are able to have such great care! :)

Tami said...

Oh wow...a boy!!!! I'm sorry to hear this pregnancy hasn;t been easy. Will keep you and your little one (and of course your whole family) in our prayers. Glad you are under such good care!!

Hugs,
Tami

TanyaLea said...

I'm so glad that God blessed you with some good doctors and praying that they use wisdom every step of the way. Praying for you still, too. Congrats on finding out you are having a boy... And tell Olivia you just NEVER know what God has in store for the future...maybe she does have some little sisters waiting in China! ;) Sending lots of love and hugs your way!!

OXOXO,
Tanya