Sunday, April 26, 2009

April Update from New Day Foster Home

Here's the April update for Evan from New Day:

Dear Friends,

We hope this note finds you doing well, and that you enjoy reading this month's update.

Forest’s (Evan) foster mom wrote this update:

We have wonderful news concerning Forest. He has now been matched with his new adoptive parents!! They have named him Evan so any future updates you receive or pictures on our website will have his new name as Evan. Since Evan came to our home, his foster mom often feeds him biter biscuits to help him practice chewing and improve his digestive functions as he didn’t chew and digest well previously. With his foster mom’s effort, Evan eats well now. He is neither picky with foods nor does he seem to have preferences. Evan sleeps well, too. He is very happy everyday and seldom cries. Evan is good at imitating. He can imitate the sound a fire engine makes. He also likes to dance to music. Evan happily plays a long time with his foster dad everyday. Our whole family feels very happy together every day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Not many adoptive families are so blessed to have their children at a place like New Day. New Day is perhaps the brightest spot in China. We are downright spoiled with all the pictures, updates, communication and most importantly, love from New Day. It's absolutely amazing. I feel like I say "it's absolutely amazing" all the time, but IT'S TRUE!!

Here are some more pictures of Evan. These were taken at the April birthdays party!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

What a cutie! I love his expressions.

I have the same feelings about New Day. This is going to be an amazing journey. As much as I can't wait to get Drew in my arms, I am also at peace knowing that because of New Day he is getting all that he needs, including love.

It is amazing!

Mandi

Heather said...

You have quite a cute little one coming home soon! I can't tell you how happy I am to see that Evan (formerly Forrest) is coming home at last! I saw his picture last year after I had been matched and prayed for his family to find him... what joy it is to find your blog and know he's coming home!!! Congrats!

Tami said...

Hi!!!

I'm so happy you stopped by my blog and left a comment....I've been really looking forward to meeting the family reponsible for putting an * next to Forest's name:-).....I love the name Evan, btw, as it really suits him.

I've prayed for your little guy from the first time I saw him on the ND site. WOW has he come a long way, (Praise the Lord for ND and his foster family!)and I'm so happy God has led you to your son!! I know exactly what you mean about, 'just knowing' he's your son, as if you had given birth to him. Without a doubt, from our adoption journey, God has made it adundantly clear that either through birth or adoption, God chooses our children just for us....the only difference is the manner in which they enter our lives.

I look forward to following your journey in bringing Evan home:-)!

God is good!

Tami (Sophie's mom)