Tuesday, May 12, 2009

That Your Joy May Be full


That Your Joy May Be Full...

Now that I am an adoptive parent....or at least an expectant adoptive parent, Mother's Day takes on a whole new meaning. While I am being showered with dandelions and homemade cards on construction paper, from my children, Evan's birth mom is not. I wonder if she thinks of him, and "what might have been" had she kept him. While I humbly stand up in church as the Pastor asks all moms to, so the congregation could recognize and pray for them, I wonder if she were there, would she stand? I wonder if she has another child to bring her joy, but would that joy ever really be full without his presence in her home? It is my hope for his birth mom to know where Evan is now, and about the wonderful foster mom he has, and the forever mom he will have.

It stinks that she and Evan may never meet...this side of Heaven anyway. What a challenge that is to me to pray for his birth mothers salvation, so that she may have him for an eternity!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I find myself thinking about Sarah's birth parents quite a bit, especially on her birthday and holidays like Mother's Day. I just think of how much history Sarah (and your Evan) already have with them when they come to us. It's both bittersweet and humbling.
Hope things are moving along quickly with the adoption! :)

Lisa said...

I find myself thinking of our daughters birth mom often. I try to remember to pray for her salvation every time I see a "Made in China" label :0)