So, a few weeks back, a person I know, gave me some miscellaneous gold/jewelry. She said they just didn't have a need or want for it, and felt it would be better used for Evans adoption expenses. Didn't take me a half a second to accept it! I was shocked at first, but quickly realized that the person who gave it to me...well that just how she is. She one of those people who you secretly wonder if they are actually the angels we "entertain unawares" in the book of Hebrews. Now, we all know she is not...but that IS the character of this person.
So, anonymous, thank you for your gift!
This past week, I took it to some places around town, and do you know...that little packet of gold handed to me was 510.00! WOOHOO!!
So, it's in what we have affectionately named the Evan Jar! (you know, the tech-savvy way of saving for adoption) It will soon be used for something along the lines of: passports, fingerprints, dossier prep fees, agency fees.......
I'm learning that the word "fee" isn't so bad because God called us to this adoption, so He'll also provide. And as usual, He has! This gift of gold is proof! I am thankful that God does not use some of the phrases I do, like,
"Whoops, forgot about that one!"
"Oooh, I dropped the ball...again."
"Darn, I knew there was something I was forgetting."
And the scariest,
"Oh, you wanted me to take care of that?"


2 comments:
What a wonderful blessing. Thanks for the sweet reminder that not a single thing happens without God's knowledge. He'll bring your son home...He loves him more than you do!!!
Cousin Incredible and Ben had a blast peddling popcorn (and sampling it too). He is also so pleased to be named so on your web site.
Post a Comment