Thursday, June 25, 2009

Behold...the numbers matched.

Last Saturday we arrived home to a slip from the mailman in the door. I wasn't expecting anything, but upon closer inspection of the parcel #, I recognized it. Faster than lightening, I ran into the the house, grabbed my adoption expandable folder, found the receipt tab (oh, so organized, aye?) and grabbed the customs slip from the FIRST box I sent Evan...and what did I see?


Behold...the numbers matched.


I couldn't believe it. I sent that in the beginning of April. So, on Monday morning the kids and I went to the post office and stood in line for 10years. When it was our turn, the postman took our slip, opened up the cabinet, and there it was...Evan's box. It was beat up and mangled like it had been to China and back. (ha ha) All the Spiderman, Cars, and My Little Pony stickers were still on it, and it had not been opened. The kids were so excited, you would have thought Evan was actually IN the box. He was clearly confused about why I was getting a refused box from China, so I briefly filled him in. Apparently I did not put down New Day on the box even though I had the right person and correct address. Children have a certain purity about them, and it's wonderful for many reasons. That sweetness about them and the story behind the box softened the heart of the postman, and he gave us the box back without charging the fee due.



In other news...

Our I800A was sent to immigration on 16th. We just received Craig's passport today. Wow, are they are quite beautiful. Very detailed. Wonderful tidbits of advice from the founding fathers of this great nation that our current president should consider. My renewed passport should be here in a week or two.

We are seeing the bottom of the bucket, so to speak with paperwork. I have a short letter to send in, we need some family pics, copies of our passport, and a mere $3,390.00 for the agency/dossier fee. Then we'll be on our way! I have to get these items in as soon as possible so that when the 797 form from immigration arrives, the dossier can be sent out immediately. Looks like we should have our dossier in sometime in August, probably towards the end...if all goes well with fingerprints.

There is so much more going on in our lives...if I were able to post it I would. Soon though.

We are so blessed.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

So good to hear things are moving along, and such a sweet story about the post office! :)
I hope you will have Evan home for Christmas (or sooner)!!!

TanyaLea said...

THAT'S AWESOME!! I can't believe you got your "lost" package back!! PTL! God is so faithful in even the smallest of things. What a touching post! :)

Sounds like you are a tad ahead of us on the paperwork...though I was thinking after your comment how neat that would be if we actually met in China or even at New Day?! It is my hearts desire to travel before Christmas, but we will see what God has in store. I know he will take us there in His perfect timing!!

If you ever want to email me direct, feel free! thomclan@cfaith.com

Have a nice weekend and God bless!! <><

Big Hugs,
~Tanya

Lisa said...

I'm thrilled to hear that you got your package back...what a sweet blessing. And the postman didn't even charge you!

I'm also glad to hear you are seeing the light at the end of the paperwork tunnel. When you finally send it all off, it's like handing the postal worker your baby! It's such a relief. You'll get there soon.

Keep trusting God. He is the ultimate covenant keeper and He simply can't fail!