Most everyone wanted to know about our adoption, and I was ready and armed with information and pictures! I made up a sort of "tract", sharing the Gospel intertwined with Evan's story. On a separate but little slip of paper...not wanting to have ANY sort of information on the same paper...in order to protect New Day, I typed up the ND web site and blog. I encouraged EVERYONE to look up New Day, and perhaps they could make a difference in the life of an orphaned child. I also placed an ad on craigslist hoping to drive traffic our way...it worked. One of our customers was an adoption case worker placing special needs. Another woman who came is part of the auxiliary (?) of an Kiwani's club. This club IS LOOKING, yes that's right LOOKING, for an 'orphanage' to sponsor either medications or whatever the children need. Well, don't you know I jumped on that opportunity like bee to honey! I had just spent the last of the printer ink, printing out brochures for New Day. I was able to do one on the foster home and one on the formula project. I also gave her Evan's story and all the contact information she would need for New Day. Can you imagine if this woman emailed New Day and asked what they can do to help?! Not only that, but she said with the last orphanage they sponsored, they physically TOOK all the medications over so that they would be lost. Please pray this woman contacts ND. A seed was planted.
And even before the sale, a friend had given me a bunch of stuff to sell. Then, a neighbor gave me all her garage sale stuff, as she was rained out. She said she was thrilled that it was going to our fundraiser.
I could go on and on. While we only made about 130.00, the sale was a huge success. The Gospel was given out many times, New Day's contact information was given out many times, and the potential donor? That is SUCCESS!
We had a great time meeting people educating them about our adoption and New Day Foster Home. The kids enjoyed selling lollipops, water and lemonade. Enjoy the pictures.


4 comments:
Wonderful!!! PTL...as you said...even though the garage sale may not have brought in as much $ as you hoped, I can see it was a huge success in God's eyes!!! Awesome job!
Love and hugs,
Tami
It's very clear that many seeds were planted during your Adoption Sale...we will be praying that those seeds are cultivated and that they GROW into big things for the Lord! That potential doner for ND...WOW! Wouldn't that be fantastic! We will pray they connect and that something wonderful becomes of it!
GREAT post, Molly! God bless! <><
Hugs,
Tanya
What an awesome day! I 'll be praying that those well planted seeds grow. I'm so proud of your kids for jumping in and working so hard!
Success in deed!
That looks great! What a wonderful idea! We will pray for the contacts you made in this.
Post a Comment