Thursday, July 2, 2009

He Sold a Cow for Me

I have to take a moment to brag on God. Honestly, if we let the dust settle in our lives for just 5 minutes, we'd see A LOT we could brag on God about. Indulge me on mine.

Today, I was sort of wallowing in all that I have to do: Grants, fundraisers, priming & painting two bedrooms and one bathroom, etc... My laundry is in three laundry baskets, unfolded in my room, there is a clean load on the floor in the laundry room, one in the dryer and one in the washer. And, if you can believe it, the hamper is still overflowing. I swear the towels and socks are multiplying. On top of that, my poor little girl has been barfing all day. Really though, I count my blessings. I have a washer AND a dryer, I have the possibility of grants, and loving friends and family to help with fundraisers. I LOVE to paint and I have been blessed to have children. I'll take a day of barfing a day over a day without them.

God is so good to us, and I don't know why. We certainly don't deserve it. Today, He showed his goodness...yet again! I can't even believe it. Today he sold one of the cows in His flocks of cattle on His 10,000 hills, just for me.


It came in the form of an anonymous donation through the mail. I have no idea who this would be from. Since the check was cut from church, it was likely someone in our church family. I am so, so thankful and stand undeserving at such a generous gift.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

YEAH GOD!!!!

Tami said...

What a blessing!!! His provision in so many forms:-). God bless the family(s) that followed the pull He placed on their heart(s).
God is good!!!

OX~Tam

Lisa said...

Praise God!
We are five days away from going to China.
Our flights were ALL more than anticipated.
Our "In Country" expenses are ALL more as well.
God has provided for it ALL!
He is FAITHFUL!
He is WORTHY of your trust!
He WILL bring your son home!

Unknown said...

God really has provided and is certainly going ahead of you as you move forward in bringing your son home!