Thursday, July 30, 2009

July Update from New Day!!


Hello Everyone! Things are moving along with the adoption of our son Evan. It is very exciting...but not as exciting as Evan's July update with his new picture! We are so very blessed to be his family. Without further ado.......


Dear Friends,

We hope this note finds you doing well, and that you enjoy reading this month's update.

Evan (Forest) is 3 Years 1 Month Old.

Evan (Forest)’s Foster Mom wrote this update:

I am delighted in the progress Evan has made recently. Upon returning from pre-school, he sang the song “happy birthday” to me again and again. After dinner, he sang the numbers “1, 2, 3, 4, 5 …” I began repeating after him. When there was a stop, I asked Evan “if I say 5, what is the next number?” “6” he replies quickly. “After 8?” I then asked again, “9?” Evan gave the answer to my delight!

Recently, his grandma came and I asked Evan to play with an animal jigsaw puzzle to show her. He took out the puzzle and fitted the pieces together quickly to the delight of his grandmother. We are thankful for the opportunity to care for this special little boy.

If you ever have any questions, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support.

Blessings,

New Day Staff

3 comments:

Mandi said...

What a cute picture. I just checked my e-mail and also had an update about Drew. We are blessed beyond words.

Mandi

Gwen said...

Such a cute picture! His foster mom's bike is pretty cool, too! ;)

Unknown said...

Well, what do you expect? He's superman! :) So nice that you get updates while you wait. Sounds like he's really thriving!
Kelly