Sunday, July 19, 2009

Team Little Buddy...is ON!


"We all married well" is a saying that is inevitable at just about every family gathering. It's no secret that all of us kids, and cousins in the family (we have a tight-knit family!) married well. I'd normally be a tinge sarcastic here, but, well, the truth hurts.

Yep, we all married well, and one of my cousins hit the jackpot. (OK...we all did!) So, now thanks to him, we all have her.

While most of us run from danger, to catch our kids, or to catch the mailman. There are others of us that must run...on the treadmill, and loath every second. (like me!)

She does not. She pounds the pavement, and loves it. She also loves Evan..and dare I say more than running! On October 11th, she's going to run in the Chicago Marathon as a fundraiser for us. She is running "Team Little Buddy". She is a go-getter, she is selfless, and she is amazing. She is doing this for our family.

Watch Team Little Buddy over the next few months. Pray for her, and pray that people would give. Pass on the link...do it for Evan!

2 comments:

Tami said...

This is wonderful!! I stopped over to the TLB site and she did such a wonderful job telling the story behind Evan. I KNOW God will do amazing things with this for Evan and your family. God bless your sweet cousin!

Thank you for the scripture by the way...it was just the reminder I needed. God is so faithful, and I know I can get through 'the fire' with Him by my side. He is my shield and my fortress, and despite my heart aching for Sophie, I carry His peace in knowing through Him this adoption WILL be completed. God is good!!!

OX~Tam

Gwen said...

Good to hear from you again! :) Yes, what a blessing to have such a wonderful extended family!
I checked on the Team Little Buddy site and was touched by the words written about your adoption journey!
Hope you are almost DTC...God will continue to provide and work miracles to bring Evan home! :)