Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bake Sale Believer...take 2!

There were so many blessings about the bake sale, I just couldn't fit them all in one post...unless you coffee drinkers had a pot brewing to keep you awake.

I already mentioned the weather...rained all night, and at times in the morning...but cleared shortly after the sale started. The weather was beautiful to say the very least.

My friends. I'm pretty sure none of them reads this blog, so I'll go ahead and brag on them a bit.

Misty and Alicia baked for DAYS. Seriously. To me that would be sheer torture, but they enjoy it. However all of us with small children know that it's pretty hard to indulge yourself in a favorite past time for any length of time...like more than 5 seconds. I should interject here, and note that ALL of the ladies who bakes have small children, some homes school, some have 5 kids, some both. Misty, by the way was just diagnosed with Bells Palsy. She had to schedule her baking around the shock treatments she receives on her face.

I'll just mention a few people. Let's start with Tiffany. Remember a post back in May about a friend going to China for stem cells? OK, that's her. She has a two year old and then 3 year old Dillon who is 24/7 nursing care. He has cp and is a quadriplegic. She made all the white chocolate covered pretzels. Those were a HUGE hit. The young boys with green spray painted hair especially enjoyed them. They kept coming back until the pretzels were gone. Bless their little green selves.

Jamie...Jamie has 5 kids under the age of 5. Need I say more?

Jill...Jill is nearly 6 months pregnant, has a 4 year old, and works full time. She went home on Friday night, baked cookies, then took them to Misty's house. Pregnant, and Friday after a full work week? Not sure I'd be able to move, let alone bake then drive it to the next little town over.

Lauren...Lauren has 5 kids, ages 7 and under. The youngest is crawling and nursing. Does she count as two kids?! Double trouble?! Her kids ARE really great though. Lauren made ice cream cone cupcakes and bagged them all in very pretty cellophane bags. They were a huge hit. She made each one different then the next. Martha Stewart had better hold on to her baby blue button up oxford blouse, that's all I haveta say!

Though there were quite a few other ladies, I'll end with Kari. Kari is my home school mentor. She is a "real" teacher who left the job to home school and raise her 4 kids. I know how long it takes ME to homes school ONE kid....she's got three. The last two have horrendous food allergies. Milk, eggs, shellfish, PB, soy...you name it. She made the mack-daddy of all cupcakes, decorating them as scarecrows. I know the day she made them, because she went to the grocery store with all the kids and they were acting up, and falling out of carts and having asthma attacks. The 4 year old ended up in the immediate care clinic with a possible cracked rib later that night. What a lovely day for her.

Now what on earth did I do to deserve such a gift in these girls?

I can say with a great amount of certainty, absolutely nothing. (Just like the gift of salvation) And, not one of them holds a payback account. Of course, I do, and am hoping I can pay it forward to another Sister of mine someday. Maybe one who is adopting, or one who is expecting, or one going through a rough time, only God knows.

Hey, if you are wondering how you can find friends, REAL friends...sisters? Go to church, get to know God, and He'll give you some real hum-dingers for friends.

3 comments:

TanyaLea said...

If those friends are considered 'hum-dingers'...then they are made of SOLID GOLD!! Wow...what a priceless gift of unconditional love, commitment and TRUE Friendship!! You truly are blessed! But I KNOW without a doubt in my mind, that you will find a way to pay it forward one day and pass the blessings along to someone else in need! To God be all Glory!! <><

Tara Anderson said...

You are blessed with those girls!!! I praise God for bringing them into your life!

Lisa said...

You are super blessed!!!! May God bless them for being a blessing!!!