Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In Our Hands



The LOA arrived to our doorstep moments ago. It's a beautiful letter with the watermarks, delicate paper, and ours and Evan's names inter-twined with the Chinese characters.

The letter reminds me of a verse I, as a mama, love so much. "For this child I prayed; and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of him..." 1 Samuel 1:27

He. Is. Ours. But not really, because if you go on to verse 28 and finish up the sentence, God says, "therefore also I have lent him to the Lord; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord."

6 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

That is certainly one of the most beautiful pieces of paper I have EVER seen! And how right you are in stating that "our" children are never truly ours...they belong to our Lord! Oh the glory of it!!!

TanyaLea said...

The most perfect of verses to fit that BEAUTIFUL and 'official' document! I am SO, SO excited for you!

So, a little tidbit of a story here...
Our phone rings this afternoon as we were getting ready to take the kids bowling. I was upstairs changing, so Martin answered. Breanna comes up to tell me that it's our adoption agency on the phone. My heart SKIPPED and I practically fell down the stairs as I RAN down them to see what it was all about. They never call without a good reason. BUT, it was just a TEASER, as it was our SW calling to see how we were doing and to wish us a Happy New Year! Now typically, I would've been thrilled about that... but NOT NOW...NOT when I'm aching to hear those 3 big letters...LOA! So, I know it's early, as today is only day 42 since LID... but, I will not put our God in a box, so a girl can hope and pray, right!?! :) Anyhooo... not the big news I was hope'in for. So they better not be calling now unless they have some big news to deliver...they can send emails to wish me a happy new year. LOL!! ;)

Take care and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

love, Tanya

Gwen said...

What a beautiful piece of paper! We were beyond thrilled to get our LOA, and yet, when I first saw that simple, single sheet, I felt a little like, "Well, that's it??"

After the mountains of paperwork and the agony of waiting for 98 days, I guess I was expecting something a little "thicker". :)

But, hey, the beauty is in the simplicity, right?

As long as CC*A gave us the green light, we were more than thrilled to sign it and send it on its way!

Oh, this brings back such memories!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Now just watch how fast time will fly!!! :)

TanyaLea said...

Just think'in of you and that big trip coming up w/in the next 6-8 weeks! WOW!...can you believe it?! I'm SO excited for you!! Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and let yo know you've been in my thoughts. Anything new on the 'home'front!?!?

Hugs,
Tanya

The Ferrill's said...

Don't you love the feel of that official document? But as the Words says, our children are officially GOD'S!!!!!!!
I am so excited for all of us New Day mommas who are getting closer and closer to our children! Godspeed those LOA's, TA's and all the other A's! ;)

Jenna said...

Just saw your comment on Kelly's blog that the SN list is supposed to be released on the 19th....where did you find that out? I am praying that is true. My heart leaped when I read your comment!!! YAY!