
On the the screen in front of me, on web site called Rainbow Kids...a little, forlorn looking boy with a bent ear, was looking back at me. Instantly, I knew he was our son. I did my best to try and hide the squirmy, ticklish, churning feeling in my gut and the tears in my eyes. His name was Dang Fu Le. The foster home named him Forest and the agency nick named him Evan. Lots of names for such a little boy, but no name that signified he belonged to a family.
"No way could this be happening now!" I thought. Craig had just received an indefinite pay cut, and was facing layoffs in the upcoming months. We are a one income family in a two income world...financial odds are not in our favor. However, I could not shake the feeling that Evan was indeed the child we had prayed for...for years. I prayed we'd know him or her when we saw our child, and God answered my prayers! Honestly, I prayed that with a whole heap of unbelief that it would actually happen. But it did happen.

This past year God has allowed us to grow and grow. He has provided for our family in the most amazing ways through the most amazing people. People I may never meet, but people I will never forget.
Just as we as a family have grown in our faith this last year, Evan too has grown.
He went to New Day at then end of 2008, needing a miracle.

At New Day, he thrived and flourished.

In March he started preschool and was placed into a foster family.

Then in April we received our PA, and he was going to have a forever family!


We are looking forward to him coming home...SOON. The countdown is on...our travel is just weeks away now.



Weeks....


8 comments:
What an absolute joy it has been to follow your journey to your son. I have so enjoyed getting to "meet" you and cannot wait to see all the things God has in store for Evan and your family.
Hugs,
Mandi
Following your journey makes me so excited to be on my own! I can't wait until we have our "first time we saw her" story...and I really can't wait to be only weeks away from travel! Oh! I am SO incredibly excited for you!!!!
Oh, your posts about Evan bring me to tears. Beautiful story about a beautiful family. I am so, so excited for you-- would love to hop in a suitcase and go with you!! ;)
SOON you will be on your way!
God bless!
So neat to read the story...Can't wait to see you bring him home!
Kelly
Oh Molly! WOW!!!! "Weeks!!" ...doesn't that just feel AMAZING to say?! I am feeling your excitement way up here in the tundra! Seriously, I cannot wait to see Evan in your arms. And though we may not get to meet in China as we had originally hoped, I trust that we will get that opportunity one day anyhow. Especially with your plans to come back for a family reunion again sometime...you'll be too close NOT to stop by!! And by then...we will BOTH have our precious NewDay kiddos home with our families. Life will have a new 'normal' and oh how I can't wait!!! You have been an answer to prayer since the day I seen that 'Forest' was matched. And when our paths finally crossed, what a blessing it was to learn that Evan was going to be part of such an amazing family! I am SO truly happy for you and extremely excited to follow along on this leg of your journey!!
Have a blessed weekend! <><
love,
Tanya
Only weeks away?! Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you and Evan and everyone! What a miracle your story is.This is so amazing and I am looking forward to following your story (hopefully you'll be able to post updates while in China?) And if you can travel to ND, PLEASE when you see Samuel give him a HUGE hug from me in addition to the ones you are already going to smother him with as you see if you can smuggle him away in your coat pocket! I totally think Evan and he would make wonderful brothers and I'm sure your daughter totally wouldn't mind being out numbered by that many boys!
Blessings and God Speed to Evan!
I have been praying for your son for so long. I'm so very happy he has found his family. Nicole
http://thedavisgangfive.blogspot.com/
I'm so thrilled to hear that travel for you is just weeks away!!! :) And, what an encouragement to hear that you knew your son as son as you saw him......I'm praying big prayers for a certain little boy whose face I too recognized when I saw it! This post was a great encouragement! SO excited for you!!!
Post a Comment