Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday..Oh Where to Begin?


On this Thankful Thursday, I have a laundry list of things to be thankful for.

1. I received as super super pretty card in the mail from Martha in Florida. I don't know Martha and she doesn't know me, but through channels, Evan's adoption story touched her heart. In her super duper beautiful hand made card, was a check for 50.00 Jehovah Jireh...God provides! :0)

2. My friend Jody pushed her way in through my front door this afternoon delivering a stock pot for Saturday's big crop. Jody's not the pushy type so I was caught off guard. Once inside, she said that she just felt the need to come over and fold my laundry, and she wasn't going to take "no" for an answer. Wow! Truthfully, I needed the help...I've been sick with 'a little of this and a little of that' for 2 weeks. When I'm stressed, I'm sick...even if it's "good" stress. She saved me two hours worth of work. AND...she folds towels just like I do! How cool is that?! I am thankful that because of Jody, I can now see the laundry room floor. Amazing.

3. My friend Misty and the showings. Haven't officially talked about it yet, but we are in a huge move. We are showing our house for sale, and for rent. Tonight, there are 3 showings. Tomorrow there is one, as well as Saturday! My friend Misty has my darling children for just a bit this evening so I can show the house in, well, peace. (not every potential tenant or buyer wants to see Livvy's pet rats.)

4. Craig is flying home tonight *sigh* I have the best husband in the world. I'm thankful for him every second of every day. Of course, he's always #1!

5. And, lastly, our immigration approval papers came today! Woo Hoo! We are one step closer to bringing Evan home. I mention this as lastly because it is. While I'm thankful for it, I'm more thankful for family and friends and unexpected blessings.


I'll just stop there for now, but could go on and on, that's for sure!

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Well now, that is quite alot to be thankful for. I wish I had a friend that would come over and help me fold laundry, I haven't been able to see my laundry room floor for quite some time now.

The immigration paperwork is that the one that now goes to Guangzho then to CCAA?

TanyaLea said...

Yah, I'm with Mandi...explain more about the paperwork...(email is fine.)

That's quite the list and even more, I love the 'order' of your thankfulness. There really is so much to be grateful for and it seems like your blessings just keep pooring in. And since I know we usually reap what we sew... well, let's just say it says a LOT about your own character and the reason so many blessings keep pooring out in your favor! <>< God is GOOD!

Hugs,
Tanya

Tara Anderson said...

I rejoice with you in your "laundry list" of blessings!!! It is so encouraging to see God providing for you in every way...from the financial, to the emotional, to the practical! There is no doubt that God's hand is ALL OVER this adoption!!!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Congratulations on your immigration papers! I hope you are feeling better and less stressed with that off your mind. Being sick and a mom just do not go together! And then even when you are "better" you still aren't at 100% and the housework, oh my ... we've all been there! If I were closer I'd be over to help you fold that laundry or make you a casserole or something! But it does sound like you have good friends at hand! How cool! It is so wonderful to read of your Blessings List and to be reminded to give thanks. Now get a nap and get ALL better! :-)

Lisa said...

YEAH! I'm so glad that I checked in on you today! Traveling soon...praise God!!! Congratulations!!!