Monday, January 25, 2010

Evan's January Update!



Seriously? Can this kid get any cuter? With each passing month we try to grasp how very blessed we are by Evan, Evan's foster parents, and New Day Foster Home. I don't think we'll really ever be as thankful as we yearn to be. We have been praying as a family for God to prepare Evan for our family. And, as usual, God hears our prayers loud and clear.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Dear Friends,

We hope this note finds you doing well, and that you enjoy reading this month's update.

Evan is 3 Years 7 Months Old.

Evan's foster mother wrote this update:

Evan so enjoyed the chocolate and goodies sent by his adoptive parents this month! When he received them, he told us, "I miss them so much and hope they will come pick me up soon and take me back with them." I asked Evan, "When you leave, what will happen to us?" He responded, "I can give you a call," and he immediately picked up a toy phone and started to pretend to speak. "Hi! Hi!" he said. It brought tears to our eyes. Evan really is a good boy and we will miss him!

9 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh, what a special update. It brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet little boy. God is good.

Tara Anderson said...

Oh Molly! How precious is that?!?! I'm all teary now!

Lisa said...

Such a wonderful blessing. May he not "miss you " much longer!

Mandi said...

Evan gets cuter and cuter everyday. I love that his smile is from ear to ear. We too feel like we are blessed in so many ways and thank GOd everyday for those blessing including New Day. We are SO close to bringing our boys home. Can you believe it?

As much as I would love to meet up with you in China, I am really starting to doubt that it will happen. However, once you move you will be even closer to us and we will definitely have to get together.

BTW, did you see that Tanya got her LOA for sweet Chloe????

TanyaLea said...

This has got to be one of the most precious updates EVER!! I KNOW it warmed your momma-heart to read that...it sure would, mine! It also shows me that his foster family seems to be helping to prepare him for his journey home...as well as prepare their own hearts for his departure. I'm certain he has been such a blessing to their lives, just as Drew has to his foster family. It's wonderful to see the amazing love and care he is receiving. And to think, your monthly updates are soon coming to an end...and YOU will be the one writing them and keeping us all posted instead!! Oh happy day! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

p.s.>>thanks for the email update, too! God is SO faithful...GREAT news on the weekend crop...our Jehovah Jireh pulls through yet again! <><

Valerie and Jeff said...

That was an awesome post! It's hard to wrap my mind about what love the foster family gives to these children knowing that it does have a day when that beautiful child moves on to their "forever family" and further from their arms. That must be so tough and they must have such love! I am so happy that they are preparing Evan and themselves for this transition ... and how HAPPY it is to read that he is able to give them comforting words. He is so mature! And so ready to come home to you :-)
Happy Happy Joy Joy! (I had to borrow that from Tanya's post about her LOA, because it's just so perfect for all this good news going around!)
Love and Hugs!
Valerie

Tami said...

Tears here too. You can just 'feel the love' and see Gods hand in EVERY step of your journey to Evan. Your little guy is truly a VERY SPECIAL soul. God is good!

Love,
Tam

Unknown said...

What a sweet little boy -- can't wait to meet him hopefully soon!
Kelly

Jenna said...

OH.......that is the SWEETEST update. I just want to squeeze him!!!

Have I popped over yet to say that I'm a dummy? I'm NOT editing Evan's updates each month- there's another Evan at New Day- and that's "my" Evan. I was all confused! :) But.....I get to read YOUR Evan's updates anyway, so YAY! :)