That video is indeed a treasure!!! What a precious little darling he is! I know you can't wait to get him home...and even moreso after watching this! I'm counting down the days with you...
KELLY!!! WOW!...what an amazing video...and more than 4 and 1/2 minutes of seeing your precious little guy in action. My favorite was when he was looking straight into the camera and smiling...my heart just MELTED, so I know your's had to be mush!! ;) This is priceless and Evan is going to treasure this one day, himself. What a wonderful gift. Who took this for you? I'm sure it made your day!! It won't be long now and that sweet smile will be lighting up YOUR home! Any word on your TA yet?
Okay, I just saw the video and am a big ball of mush right now. What a sweet little boy Evan is (and a chocolate lover as well). I am so glad you shared this with all of us. What a treasure to have for Evan someday.
Any word on TA? I saw that there were some that came in yesterday on RQ. We are waiting for our NVC letter. I am thinking we will probably get TA somtime in March with CNY thrown in the mix.
I will be praying that you hear something before the end of the week however, if you don't, that may catch us up with you and we may end up meeting in China. YAH!!!
Wow! God is so revealed in your lives as He has graced you through this beautiful picture of patience waiting on your Evan...His Evan! Thank you for the updates! Much Love...Teresa
We had no idea it was coming, but our income dropped 20%...the day AFTER the home study was finalized and notarized. God protected us. His pay will eventually go back up, or that's the plan anyway, but had this happend several weeks ago? I shutter to think.
The three states we need clearances for all stated they would expidite our forms...and they did!
Craig's transplant surgeon wrote us and stealthy letter of recommendation...within FOUR HOURS of asking for it. I have to add that he is one of the busiest transplant surgeons in the country too! Guess it helps Craig is one of his favorites :0)
Our FBI clearance prints were taken on a Thursday night...the results were in the mailbox the next Wednesday
The home study agency emailed docs to us, affording us a weeks worth of work done by the time our application check arrived
Adoption Timeline
1/16/09 See Forest for the first time on Rainbow kids. 2/27/09 Review his file (as if) 3/10/09 Place Forest on hold 3/31/09 Receive 'oral' PA 4/8/09 Received official PA!! Contacted New Day to let them know we are adopting Forest, and his new name is Evan! 4/13 New Day tells Evan about his new family 4/17 & 4/25 Home study visits 6/10/09 *FINALLY* received finalized copies of home study 6/18/09 Write LOI 6/26/09 AAC says our agency grant doubled to $4,000! 7/20/09 USCIS fingerprints done 8/4/09 USCIS approval 9/17/09 DTC!!! 9/28/09 LID!! 12/28/09 LOA 1/21/10 USCIS approval for Evan 1/23/10 NVC (national visa center) letter 3/15/10 Receive TA (travel assignment)...now off to China!
Our Itinerary
Here it goes:
Friday 4/2 fly non-stop from Chicago to Beijing
Saturday 4/3 arrive to Beijing, spend the night at New Day
Sunday 4/4 attend Easter service at New Day, and sight see in Beijing
Monday 4/5 MEET EVAN! Meet everyone at New Day.
Tuesday 4/6 Fly to Zhengzhou. Official GOTCHA Day! Civil office in afternoon.
Wednesday 4/7 Get Evan's passport, notary. Fly to Guangzhou
Thursday 4/8 Medical check and visa
Friday 4/9 Tour Guangzhou
Saturday 4/10 TB test check, shopping....maybe the zoo?
Sunday 4/11 rest
Monday 4/12 Consulate appointment
Tuesday 4/13 Oath
Wednesday 4/14 Pick up Evan's visa
Thursday 4/15 FLY HOME. Arrive into Chicago late afternoon.
8 comments:
Truly a treasure! What a sweet boy and beautiful surprise! :)
I am in love! What a kind..gentle..loving little boy. God has given me another Grandchild!
What a great gift to have the updates and so many pictures or videos that you do.
He is so cute!
That video is indeed a treasure!!! What a precious little darling he is! I know you can't wait to get him home...and even moreso after watching this! I'm counting down the days with you...
KELLY!!! WOW!...what an amazing video...and more than 4 and 1/2 minutes of seeing your precious little guy in action. My favorite was when he was looking straight into the camera and smiling...my heart just MELTED, so I know your's had to be mush!! ;) This is priceless and Evan is going to treasure this one day, himself. What a wonderful gift. Who took this for you? I'm sure it made your day!! It won't be long now and that sweet smile will be lighting up YOUR home! Any word on your TA yet?
Love and Hugs,
~ Tanya
Hey, I tried to watch the video but it says it is currently unavailable. I will try again in a little bit, I can't wait to see it.
Mandi
Okay, I just saw the video and am a big ball of mush right now. What a sweet little boy Evan is (and a chocolate lover as well). I am so glad you shared this with all of us. What a treasure to have for Evan someday.
Any word on TA? I saw that there were some that came in yesterday on RQ. We are waiting for our NVC letter. I am thinking we will probably get TA somtime in March with CNY thrown in the mix.
I will be praying that you hear something before the end of the week however, if you don't, that may catch us up with you and we may end up meeting in China. YAH!!!
Hugs,
Mandi
Wow! God is so revealed in your lives as He has graced you through this beautiful picture of patience waiting on your Evan...His Evan!
Thank you for the updates!
Much Love...Teresa
Post a Comment