Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What's going on here?

There are some suitcases stuffed in a corner of our bedroom.


Occasionally I'll walk past and toss something needed for China on the top of one. We haven't really started packing yet. I probably should, but that leads me to the next picture.



Yep, that's tack stripping. Only 100 more feet to pull up and we're all done with it! (who am I kidding, Craig pulls it all up. I just paint)

We are furiously working to get the house ready for Evan. As much as I'd like to be packing and folding his cute little Lightening McQueen undies...I'm working on the house. Good way to pass the time. Kinda fun too. I love Behr paint, and all the folks at Home Dep*t know me by name now. Great times, I tell ya.

We are on day 73 of waiting for our TA...but who's really counting? :0P

6 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

At least you have something to help you pass the time! And if you're anything like me, your "nesting" instinct has got to be in full-swing by now! There's something in me that just HAS to get the house ready for our new little one. :)

Mandi said...

I agree with Tara, imagine if you had nothing to pass the time. Our Article 5 was sent yesterday so we will get TA soon, but it doesn't really matter now since we are postponing travel anyway. Hey, I just send you an e-mail.

Mandi

Gavin's Family said...

The picture of your suitcases in the corner of your bedroom look just like the ones sitting in my room (only ours are black).
As far as the house projects, it must be one of the requirements to adoption. I am trying to paint the boys room before our agency calls with our TA announcement.
Wishing you all the best as you get ready, belive me when I say I DO know what your going through.

TanyaLea said...

Prayin' you get your TA soon! I think God is just allowing you the time to get all these projects on your 'to do' list completed. But I have a feeling it is just around the corner... it HAS to be! Of course, the selfish side of me is hoping we will be in China together!!! ;)

Can't wait to see more photos of your completed projects. I still think you are SUPER woman!!

Lisa said...

I think house remodeling must be recommend by most agencies because it is a great way to pass the wait. I painted three bedrooms, the living room and a hallway in the last 10 months before we traveled. If you are looking for a good packing list, I think Kristi at Fireworks and Fireflies might be willing to share. She has traveled thee times now and I'm sure has this down to a science. Someday you will be seriously filling those suitcases!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so ready to pack and we haven't been waiting nearly as long as you have. I just want to get over there!