The boy's room has been a weight on my shoulders for sometime. Our new home is almost 50 years older than our previous one. We are thrilled to have an older, solid, brick home too! Thankfully, they did keep up with maintenance, just not updates or cleaning. :) With so much to do to even unpack, setting up for our new son hasn't been a luxury afforded to me...until now.
Tuesday night was 'bed night' around our place. It was great to see the boy's bunks UP and almost ready to go...for this I am THANKFUL!
Jack climbed in bed and asked, "Is Evan coming today?" So sweet.
I am thankful that these beds are lower beds, and require little climbing to get in and out. We've never had broken bones or concussions...and it would be GREAT to keep it that way.
Jack will be sleeping on top, and Evan on the bottom. Unless there is a thunderstorm, then Jack says he will sleep with Evan to make sure he's not scared. He already has so much love and protection for his little brother and he hasn't even met him yet. For this I am thankful.
I'm hoping to finish up the room this week. The trim needs to be painted (you can't see how dingy it really is) valances up, toys and books put away, and bedding to be gotten. Jack has picked out some bedding at Target, and wouldn't ya know it, it's on sale this week...for that, I am thankful!
I wish "Thankful Thursday" could be everyday.
When Evan comes home, his room will be set up, clothes in his closet, warm and comfy sheets and blankets on the bed, and all the love in the world he could possibly receive in the world will be awaiting him. And for that, of course, I am thankful!


6 comments:
Love the bunk beds and the room taking shape! (We just got low bunk beds for our 2 older boys (4 and 6) last fall ... and we have not had any broken bones ... yet. The set you have looks super safe!
Let me know if you would be interested in some vinyl name signs for your walls to help personalize "their" space.
Blessings!
Oh Molly!!! I just LOVE it!!! I can only imagine how good it feels to start putting Evan's room together...I'm excited enough about a closet! :)
We too have bunk beds for Gabe and Drew, not sure what we are going to do for Blake and Jaxon, we don't even have mattresses for them.
Mmmmmm, I wonder if your boys and our boys will be getting the same bedding? Gabe has picked out the bedding from Target with cars and trucks on it. What about your boys?
Oh, did you get my e-mail about Anneli's blog?
Oh Molly...doesn't it just make everything feel so much more real to be setting up his bed and putting the finishing touches on his room. The paint looks great. You've worked so hard over the past month, that I can't wait for you to enjoy the fruits of your labor!
PRAYING your TA comes quickly. I'll even wait longer for mine if it means you can have your's sooner!!
Have a blessed weekend! <><
love and hugs,
~Tanya
Such a great room you have coming together for your boys. Don't you love the sound of that, your boy-S!
I was just painting our boys room yesterday. We have had both beds with covers on them for a while, we just needed to get in and paint.
Good luck with the finishing touches and for both of us to see our TA's SOON!
Ran into your blog from RQ. We are close in our timelines. We are awaiting TA as well. Our little boy is almost 4 yrs old. Hope you hear of TA soon. When do you think you may travel?
Best wishes
Heather
http://onechinesebrother.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment