God is so good. Evan is doing so very, very well. His strength and adaptability amazes me. It was me who whined and complained about chicken feet in my soup in China, and all the other food I found odd. I was very thankful it was temporary. Evan is having the same experience, but on the flip side, and it's permanent. He doesn't whine and complain like his mama. However, most importantly is his little heart. Again, he is doing well. His resilience is astounding. Sometimes he'll get a far away look in his eyes, usually before nap time. When he does I scoop him up, give him a little extra love and pray with him. It's amazing how he already knows when to pray. Whenever he wants to pray, he claps his hands together and says, "Ready." (Thank you New Day!) It thrills my soul to be able to direct him to the Savior when he is sad or scared.
Sunday our church had their annual Baby Dedication ceremony. We got back from China just in time to dedicate him to the Lord. He of course was so sweet, AND a charmer with that smile of his. He was ecstatic when our church gave him a round of applause, just for being him. No 'deer in the head light' look for him, he loved every second of the spotlight. I am excited to see what God has for this little boy...no doubt something amazing. Everyday when I help him dress and undress, his little pigeon chest is a blazing reminder of how very blessed we are to have him alive and here with us. I hope I never take that for granted.
After the "Baby" Dedication we celebrated with pizza! My sisters and their husbands, our family and my mom headed to Happy Joes. YUM! While we enjoyed the pizza, Evan ate a mountain of tomatoes. He ate a few other items, but tomatoes were the main course. (we are still figuring out what he likes to eat as you can tell) He ate so many platefuls of tomatoes the staff became intrigued and came over to meet him. Evan gave them each a hearty "Ni Hao!" Of course, we had to take a family picture. It's our first one with all of us together. I guess if you really are wondering what our family is like, this picture certainly sums it up. Generally there would be a lake in the background, but a pizza place will have to do.
More about Evan:
He likes hot dogs. (ugh)
He LOVES tomatoes, and peas.
He says 'No' to everything, then gladly accepts it.
He is meticulous.
He is so very affectionate and loving.
He is sensitive, and definitely NOT a bully.
He is NOT a whiner. (can I get an Amen?!)
He adores his sister.
He looks up to his brother.
He needs a baby sister (I'll explain later, when I can capture a picture)
He likes his car seat.
He is most definitely musical.
He likes order.
He loves to run.
He does not like to stop and pee before it's too late.
He loves the swing set.
He is grumpy when he wakes up.
He loves to chit chat in Mandarin to anyone who will listen.
Evan is a sweetheart. We are very blessed to call him 'Son.' We are exceptionally grateful that we were chosen to be his family. So many, and probably more qualified could have been, but WE were. We are anxious to see what God has in store for him.


5 comments:
I love Happy Joe's! They're my fav. pizza! I didn't know they were outside of Iowa. Maybe you're close enough to us that it's considered regional? What beautiful post about Evan by the way. He sounds like such a wonderful child ... and in a wonderful family! Congratulations on his dedication by the way! (And I love that he folds his hands and is ready to pray!) SO COOL!
Blessings!
Oh! It's SO good to get an Evan update!!! It sounds like he is adjusting VERY well! What a sweetie pie he is!!! I'm so glad God picked him out for your family...I know He's got BIG plans for you little guy!!! :)
I'm so glad to see this update and to hear how everything is going! Love the tomato eating story! :)
Congratulations on the dedication! What a special day for your whole family!
I love the new blog look and the "pizza" family photo!
Okay, first off... ADORABLE blog makeover! I thought I was in the wrong place for a second! ;)
Second...LOVE the family photo...especially after you 'click' on it to make it full size... PRICELESS!!!
What a special day for all of you to celebrate the addition of your son by dedicating him to the Lord! LOVE IT!! Evan is adorable, and you are such a good mama. I love hearing how you recognize those moments that he needs to be scooped up, hugged and prayed with. I've heard all about how NewDay teaches the kids to fold their hands and say 'ready'...that is SO neat! I'm hoping my big kids learn a thing or two from those little ones when we are there!! ;) You are truly blessed to have that little guy in your life... but he is equally blessed to be part of such a great family! God IS Good, ALL THE TIME!! (love that you threw that in your header!!!)
Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya
Wow! Everything seems to be going smoothly for the most part. Praise the Lord! I do pray I can have a similar post in about a month.
Continued blessings for you and your family.
Post a Comment