Thank you for your prayers, we certainly covet them! Just wanted to let you know, that Evan woke up with his trademark smile and affection. So far, every morning he wakes up and says "Ni'how" with a great big smile, then gives us repeated hugs. He's such a sweet and affectionate child. I would think he'd have a raging headache from last night, but he's acting just fine. Unless you saw the ratty gauze around his head, one would never know he had three stitches not yet 12 hours ago.
We joke he needs a helmet. It's not really a joke though. :0) It seems as if he has vertigo.
On a funny note, we forgot any DVD's for Evan in our 'down time." So, I pulled up Sesame Street and introduced him to Elmo. He really like Ernie as he has a little Ernie toy that one of his sponsors sent him. His foster mom says it was his favorite toy!
He loves to dance!!! Music speaks his language!
Here are some pictures of the medical check up he had yesterday. No kidding the medical clinic reminded us both of a bus station. He had and kept the attention of three doctors with his smile and antics. He also entertained other people there waiting.
We agree that we are VERY thankful for the health care that we have in the States.


7 comments:
Poor Evan, I can't believe he had to get stitches. Breaks my heart. At least he was a good sport about it.
I love all the pictures of him, he is so cute. So glad things are going well for you all. I will most definitely be praying for your hubby regarding that vaccine.
We are leaving next week! I so can't believe it, I have SO much to do.
Hugs,
Mandi
Praying you are doing much better today, too. It's great to hear that Evan wakes up in such good spirits. He is doing AMAZING! Wow, I can't believe he wakes up and is so huggy with you all right away...such a blessing, really! I'm so glad you are a nurse and know just what to do in situations like that. I'm sure I would've panicked...and that never does any good. Enjoying the photos and praying for divine favor regarding the vericella shot.
Big Hugs,
~Tanya
Wow, you are having quite the adventure! I can't believe Evan needed stitches. Thankfully, you were able to get him the treatment he needed and that it was fairly quick too! I will be praying for his vaccines and overall health for all of you!
So great to hear more about his personality. He sounds like such an amazing little guy! It is such a joy to see him finally united with his family!
I'm absolutely loving following your journey.
Kelly
Hi Molly,
Catching up on your blog....and still praying that the gov't officials show mercy regarding the vaccination.
Love seeing Evan's smile, even after the stitches;-(..poor guy...and I LOVE seeing pictures of you ad Craig holding him! Gives me goosebumps!
Glad to hear things are going relatively smoothly in the attachment arena...and that Evan seems quite comfortable and at peace with the transition...PTL!!!
Oh, I remember the medical clinic well and how fast they move the kids through all the stations there.
Sending you all warm thoughts, prayers, and hugs!
Tam
Oh I'm SO glad that Evan is so easy-going. What a blessing! I pray that his little heart continues to trust you all and that the love bond continues to blossom! BTW--yesterday afternoon Nolan took a huge fall at Brayden's football practice while playing on the playground. I am NOT a nurse and hate head injuries! He split open his right eyebrow, blood everywhere, big blue bump ... and this was only hours after leaving you a comment about how I seriously consider helmets for our boys. (sigh) Thankfully he did not need stitches and seemed to be himself after not too long. I am SO not liking the designer of that play equipment! It was a huge step down and back up ... I'm not sure what they were thinking ... and grrr for me not catching him. Thought of Evan right away though and having to be in a foreign country with a medical emergency--ack! Strength to you for continued blessings home!
Valerie
Oh it does my heart good to see Evan with his family!! I have waited anxiously to see him united! I am a New Day mommy as well. I will lift you all up in prayer. Praise the Lord another little one found home!
-Heather
Oh my goodness!!! What a HORRIBLE week for me to neglect my blog reading!!! I guess it was all worth it to throw my sister a wedding, though. :) Oh Molly, he is so precious! You all look so happy! I'm praying for you and Craig and Evan about the vaccine situation. I'm feeling all the roller coaster of emotions that I know you are experiencing through your posts, and wishing I could be there to share all of them with you in person! What an incedible trip you're having!!!
Post a Comment