Hello everyone!
Things are going OK, despite a few issues that have cropped up. Would you please pray for us?
Today we had Evan's medical check up. He was required to receive three vaccines. On of which is the varicella. Craig is NOT able to be around people that have had this shot, because it's a live vaccine. He could catch the pox. In an adult a case of the chicken pox can be very dangerous, and with a suppressed immune system, that is not good. It is more likely that he would develop shingles, which isn't that great either.
Things are going OK, despite a few issues that have cropped up. Would you please pray for us?
Today we had Evan's medical check up. He was required to receive three vaccines. On of which is the varicella. Craig is NOT able to be around people that have had this shot, because it's a live vaccine. He could catch the pox. In an adult a case of the chicken pox can be very dangerous, and with a suppressed immune system, that is not good. It is more likely that he would develop shingles, which isn't that great either.
I emailed his transplant surgeon and he recommends that Evan NOT have the vaccine. It is not up to us, it is up to the American Consulate. We all know how lovely and caring government officials can be. :0) We go back Saturday and will find out the fate then. This is a very big deal.
Then, tonight, Evan was on the bed, trying to get off. In doing so, he fell and cracked open his head, right above the left eyebrow, making fairly good sized cut. It needed three stitches. The hospitals here look and smell like parking garages, with nurses and chairs. However, the service was quick! Evan's gait is very unsteady and he falls and trips all the time. He did great though. Pray for quick healing for our little guy.
Also, I'm sick. Started to get sick on Tuesday, and have not bee feeling well at all. Sore throat/cough/nausea. I'd really like to feel better. It could always be worse, so I'm trying to be thankful for what I do have.
Thanks Everyone!
Molly


2 comments:
I'm remembering to lift you all up in prayer! I am hoping for soft hearts concerning the chicken pox vaccine ... since that isn't a huge threat to the population, but is to one of Evan's main caregivers. I pray that they see that importance of holding off on that one. If it is absolutely necessary perhaps they can do it once you are in the States, when Evan has adjusted and Craig can be away safely just while it is still a "live" virus.
Bummer about the head bonk too! Boys and head injuries. ACK! We've had our share here and dings in the wall to prove it. Sometimes we wonder if they need helmets. (seriously I've considered this. haha) I hope Evan's coordination continues to improve. It's hard when they are growing so fast and he probably has had some big growth setbacks and now big spurts along with loads of excitement. That's a handful to handle all at once!
I am PRAYING that you find the strength to overcome what's hitting you too! I find garggling with warm salt water really helps my sore throats, maybe that might help, at least until you can get home and re-coop! I can only imagine the excitement, the tiredness, the travel, the stress, the happiness, the sad moments EVERYTHING are draining you on many levels. Praying you home healthy!
Since I already emailed you, I will keep this short and just let you know that our family has been praying for you all, for your health to improve, for Evan's stitches to heal quickly (and NO more accidents!) and for the 'immunization situation' at hand... Trusting that God will lend His divine favor your way, and that everything will work out. Hang in there and feel better soon!!
love,
Tanya
Post a Comment