Today was quite the day....all before noon. Instead of being excited about our CA at 9...we were in the ER, with Evan having just received another set of stitches. Evan fell again, and required another trip to the "ER" for 3 more stitches. He is doing just fine...we are a bundle of nerves. Nothing slows him down. They wound tape several times around his head and the whole cut was not covered, so when we got back from the hospital I redressed it (my way) with the bandages they had given me. I had plenty of tape to reuse :0) Now he has what Craig calls a 'bumper' on his forehead.
But the best part was...VICTORY!! The Consulate initially rejected our paperwork this morning because we did not have the medical done. However, our fabulous facilitator had faxed our Drs. letter over to the doctor here in China. The Drs here in China, wasted NO TIME in issuing us a waiver for this varicella shot! Yahoo!! It was just a small delay in paperwork, and it looks like all will be OK. We are happy. I'm so very, very thankful that Craig will not be in danger. God is very good to us.
Thank you all very much for praying for us! It was only a miracle that this took place.


9 comments:
Rejoicing with you in the miracles!!! Our God is GOOD...very good!!! And poor little Evan! None of my kids have ever needed stitches so I can't even begin to imagine...
Can't wait to follow your journey HOME! :)
I am SO happy to hear that Evan will not need the vaccination!! Yay God! What a blessing!
Oh, and poor little Evan is having such a rough go at it. I couldn't believe he needed stitches the first time, let alone a second time. I'm glad that his falls aren't more serious than needing a few stitches even though that's bad enough. I will be praying he stays out of the ER the rest of your trip (and far beyond)!
Take care!
Kelly
Oh my goodness! I'm so thankful you are a nurse! I am praying that your little "go-goer" will "go-slower" from here on out. He must be so excited. Hopefully he will get better with his balance and mastering getting those arms to stop his head from leading the way and stopping his falls. (As I mentioned ... our kids have had many head bumps ... Brayden was especially prone to them ... and ... well ... he still is.) SO THANKFUL that he can skip the varicella shot though!!! Praying for your safe and uneventful return to the States with Evan! Hope you have lots of people to welcome you home at the airport and share in your joy!
Blessings and Hugs
Well first off... PTL that Evan did not have to get that Vericella vaccine. Now you can rest comfortably knowing that Craig is safe!
But oh my word, I sure am glad you are a nurse! Poor Evan. Thank goodness the emergency room fees are so inexpensive there. I had to giggle at Craig's comment about Evan having a 'bumper' on his head! ;) Poor little guy! Praying that he slows down and that his gate steadies a bit. I know you are so anxious to get home at this point, but I pray that your final time in GZ is accident-free and filled with some enjoyable activities and memories!
Hang in there!
love,
Tanya
SO glad to hear that God is working on your behalf. Poor Evan...hope the bumper helps :0)
I am sooo excited to meet him! He looks so happy with you! Praise the Lord you are a nurse my dear sister!
Whew! Such a blessing about the vaccination!
I guess I forgot to include a helmet in my packing list info (wink!)
Take care, keep the faith, and hang in there!
Yeah!!! About the vaccince...NOT about Evan, obviously. Poor guy. I second the comment about you being a nurse...hopefully it makes it somewhat easier???
I'm sure you all are SO ready to come HOME!
Hugs,
Tami
Oh my--more stitches. Good thing he does have a nurse for a mommy!
Kelly
Post a Comment