Today was Sunday in China! Much to my surprise and thankfulness, God is alive and well here in China. We saw Him up north in Beijing, we saw Him work on our behalf in Henan, and of course He is here in Guangzhou.
I have met two shop keepers/trinket managers/store owners here that are Christians. Judy and Jenny. Jenny has a large shop and carries items from New Day. It was the neatest thing to see Bibles for sale in China. I was shocked that He is here and so alive and working because all I've ever heard is negativity. At least here on the island, that is not the case.
Today was Sunday, so we went to the church here on the island The bilingual service was interesting. The hymns were amazing. Craig thought it was weird they did not take an offering. When I see Jenny this week, I will ask her.
As you plan your trip to GZ, be sure to stop in and shop at either Judy's or Jenny's. (Judy's has laundry, but Jenny's shop is bigger, and has a good variety of items, including New Day items) It's always good to support our family in Christ. :0)
What's neat is that when we walked into Jenny's, we could tell something was different. They were happy. The look in their eyes was not cold, hollow or even lost as the majority of others are. They had a sustaining joy and it was obvious! Judy was the same.
Update on the immunizations...
Craig's transplant surgeon has written us an exceptional letter with his recommendations and warnings. Please pray that it is heeded. The consulate here opens in about 9 hours from now.


3 comments:
Very cool! We went to church in Beijing but I had no idea there was one on the island. Looks awesome!
WOW! I am amazed at all of this. Thank you so much for giving us all a glimpse of where God is! AND photos too! That is incredible really. Love the blue band-aide photos and thank heavens you are a nurse! It's so hard to deal with dressing changes on wounds, let alone for your new child who is dealing with so much. Wow. I am sure God is using this to build trust and love. Praying that things continue to go well and that the news is good about NOT needing that shot! Looking forward to ALL your stories and photos when you return too!
Blessings!
Now that I'm home, I'm playing catch up on your blog. I've been sitting here for a long time reading every post! We went to this church on Easter Sunday and really enjoyed it. It was standing room only. Evan is looking great--even with the bandage, he was looking so happy!
Kelly
Post a Comment