So tonight we changed Evan's bandage. I brought along a small treasure trove of different sized bandages, "just in case" however, I did not bring the ever-necessary 2x2's. 2x2's and 4x4's are an absolute staple for dressing changes. Never thought I'd actually need them. Antibiotic ointment would have been nice too.
Evan's stitches look great. Sure wish they were dissolvable though! :0) Very little redness or swelling, praise the Lord! They want the stitches out in a week, but that brings us to the day we leave for home. I'm thinking we'll just see our family doc when get back on Friday unless his cut warrants the stitch removal sooner.
Evan was a trooper. The hospital used the stickiest tape known to man. I got half of it off, but left the other half that was a few inches in his hair. It wasn't necessary, so I left it for now.
In my little kit, I did bring some cleanser, so that was helpful, and with a bright blue antibiotic bandage...Evan was was all fixed up. He was tickled with such a colorful band-aid. I was tickled that it fit, and that I have another one left! God is good!
I am amazed at this little boy's heart. He trusts us so freely, and easily. With what he has gone through this week, then the hospital, then a slightly scary dressing change....he is just doing great. Evan is so happy and affectionate. At this point, the only 'issue' we are having is that it is hard to get him to sleep at night. He doesn't want to miss a thing.
He did have some grieving. It was at the airport in Zhengzhou. As we were checking in, and leaving our 1st guide, Cindy, he started crying, ever so quietly. It was a very sad cry, and my heart broke for him. We pulled out the little book of pictures of he and his foster family. I had quickly made this up on Snapfish, thinking that it might help him and it definitely was! Seeing his foster family was just what he needed. We could see it was very calming for him to look at the book. It wasn't but 10 minutes and he was up and smiling again. I am in awe of what a fighter this little guy is.


2 comments:
Somebody is quite the Daddy's boy...
It is just amazing to see you with Evan! His poor head...scary I'm sure. I'm thrilled to know that he is adjusting so well AND that you have found Lucy's...wonderful chicken alfredo. Enjoy your time there and your day of "rest." Blessings!
Post a Comment