Monday, August 16, 2010

Long Overdue....

To make such an announcement as this!

Let me preface this as to say, I have NO IDEA what the Lord is doing. Surely it must be something grand, but I have to say, it's not what I had planned!!!

None the less. Every good and perfect gift comes from above, and we certainly were given a very good and perfect gift.

The gift of new life, growing within... A baby!

It's a pretty crazy finding for us, as we are one of those couples plagued with miscarriage and infertility. It's not a big deal as our hearts are for the orphan. I guess that's why it seems so strange why He'd give us another biological child.

Perhaps this child will do more for the orphan than we ever could? Perhaps, like a sweet friend said, it's a deep blessing that goes far beyond what we can comprehend.

Either way, we are tickled...pink maybe? Or maybe blue?

Come January, we'll have another arrow in our quiver!

11 comments:

Gwen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you! What a blessing! Hope you're feeling good (or at least better now that you're further along!)

Valerie and Jeff said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that you've shared the BIG news!!!
Evan will make a terrific big brother as will M. and O. (except in the sister dept.)--isn't it amazing the things that God has in store ... things we could never anticipate or guess! What a huge blessing for your family!!! Tickled pink OR blue.
Hugs!

nikimac said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara Anderson said...

So glad to see this news on your blog!!! I am SO happy for you, and keeping you and that precious baby of yours in my prayers!!!

Holding Hands said...

Congratulation from the Pieters family. God has a wonderful way to bless those people who trust in him. We are so happy for your whole family. John and Gaye

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! God has so many ticks up his sleeve. I cannot wait to follow along on your newest journey.

Hugs,
Mandi

Learning Together at Home said...

I'm so happy for your family! May this little one bring much joy to your home and to your family! Such an amazing thing to imagine and then to see with our own eyes just who God has created our children to be! Thank you for sharing your news with us and on a very special day for both of our families. Such a picture of how God does bring about such good things for all of His kids! Looking forward to that ultrasound image one day. :)

Carrie said...

Yay! So glad you've made the big reveal. I'm praying for you guys.

Jenna said...

OH- YAY, YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!! That is some seriously, really great news! Every new life is an amazing blessing. I am so very, very happy for you!!! Evan will make a GREAT big brother too!!!!

TanyaLea said...

I'm so glad to see your news on here...I've been praying for you these last couple months and will definitely continue to do so!

It's neat how God works. Mysterious sometimes, confusing sometimes...but neat, nonetheless! I can't wait to see what His plans are for you family and your newest addition. I think having a little one in the house will be so good for Evan, as he clearly did well having a little mei mei in China. I think it will help to fill that hole in his heart.

Hope you're feeling better. Our Father is the God of Miracles, isn't He!!... and it's great that you have one of those precious miracles growing inside of you... pink OR blue!! <><

Tami said...

I know I congratulated you in an email...but just wanted to put it here as well...CONGRATS! Truly a huge blessing;-). Hope you are feeling well!

Hugs,
Tami