To a New Day adoptive parent, ***asterisks*** are a dream come true. I remember eagerly awaiting our PA (preliminary approval) so that Evan would have a * next to his picture, and new name on the New Day web site. This * means a child is matched...going HOME...to a THEIR family....always and forever.
Those * are a sigh of relief, and the start of a dream turned reality.
For several months we have been praying for the Lord to open up the door for us to adopt another child from New Day. His papers have been on the Shared List for quite some time, but he wiggled his way into our hearts long before that. We were even able to meet and snuggle with him in China.
After we got home with Evan, I began to pray for this child to be mine. I was pretty sure I was hearing God say "no." Not liking that answer, I took it for, "not now."
Several weeks later, that "not now" answer I was clinging to, (though I knew otherwise) turned into a big fat "NO!" He has something else. Not something better, not something lesser, something WAY different.
So today, our family gets to relish in answered prayers. A prayer we have prayed daily since we met Samuel, and returned from China.
He has a *.
We all know that means he has a family!
And, what's even better is that his new family is a Christian family with a heart for the orphan...especially the special needs orphan.
I'm so blessed to have been able to be in contact with his mom, and to learn how they've already met him in China, how God whispered his name to them, and He's moving mountains to bring their sweet little boy home.


7 comments:
Oh praise God!!!! I haven't been over to the site in a few days, and I missed this! What wonderful news!!! I have been praying SO hard for little Samuel's family to come forth, and now I've got tears and chills knowing that my prayers for this precious little boy have been answered! Rejoicing with you my sweet friend...and looking forward to God's "way differen't" plans for you to unfold! :)
I just saw this wonderful news on another blog too!! Thank you Lord, for bringing Samuel a family, a dear family who will raise him to know YOU!! Oh happy day!!
~Kelly
This. is. awesome!!!
Praise the Lord! Oh some sweet family is gonna be blessed BIG! We love Samuel! He is from Kevin's orphanage (if my memory serves me correctly!)
OH, to say I'm thrilled doesn't even scratch the surface! I've been praying for him as well!!!! Does his new family have a blog??? I sure hope they start one so they can share the joy of bringing Samuel home! If/when then have one.....please do share the link!!! Praise God.
This is just wonderful news. I heard it through the grapevine already, but SO excited for him still!! God is good and I'm so happy to hear that Samuel's new family are believers. They are going to be SO blessed to have that precious little guy in their home. We all fell in love with him when we were there. He is such a SWEETIE! I hope his new family keeps a blog, so that us fellow NewDay mamas and other supporters can follow their journey. So happy for them all! <><
Great, great news! I was so hoping this news would happen soon. I knew he had been waiting a long time!
hey, wanted to personally invite you over to a new Christian adoption website and forum. We'd love to have you a part of it!
www.wearegraftedin.com
Kelly
Post a Comment