This kid is a true romantic, and I'm smitten.
Last night, he found a stray birthday balloon bumping along our street. It was tied to a small plastic yellow weight in the shape of a heart. I wasn't around to see the balloon rescue take place, however, I heard it was quite the feat.
When I tucked the boys into bed last night, we said our usual prayers...but when I reached up to give Jack a kiss good night, he presented me with this yellow, plastic heart. He told me that he found the heart, and gave it to me because he loved me so much. *sigh* He was so excited....I could tell he had been waiting quite a long time to give me such a treasure. And yellow is his favorite color, so this indeed was a treasure to him.
Once again, I'm smitten by his transparent and innocent love. There is no one quite like him, and I'm so blessed that he's mine. I cherish these fleeting days with him, because after all, he could be grown and married next week.


5 comments:
What a sweet boy you have. My four year old is a lot like this. He tells me every day that he loves me sooo much.
Aren't little boys great? And you're right-- they grow up much too fast. My oldest boy will be DRIVING this fall. Oh my!!
His yellow heart story melts my heart!
What a sweet Mommy's Boy you have.
~Kelly
There's nothing like being the mom of boy's. Girls are fun, but it's just so different with boys.
Man he looks like your husband too!
Time passes WAY too quickly!!! Sometimes it's hard to remember to sit back and cherish the everyday stuff. Thanks for the reminder. :)
What a sweet little hunny...I mean "SONSHINE"!! I love that you call him that... I call Khloe "mama's little sunshine" all the time! He sure is growing into a handsome little man...and you're so right, time FLIES and he'll be grown and married before you know it, so SOAK IN EVERY MOMENT you can!!!
Blessings! <><
Post a Comment