Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Confessions...

I have these confessions...things that won't necessarily put me in jail, BUT, I assure you the nomination of "Mother of the Year" won't be mine anytime soon. Ah, well. We're all still alive, right!?

And, of course, kids are resilient.

This pregnancy has been tough. The hardest by far. Not sure if it's because I'm older (a whopping 34 now) or because this is child #4 (baby #3), or what.

From before the pregnancy test was positive, I felt sick. It hasn't stopped...one symptom after another. One shot of insulin after another. One chiropractic adjustment after another in hopes I can continue to walk. This little boy...oh my. He's so worth it, but oh my.

If the stork were only real. *sigh*

Back to my confessions:

The kids eat more cereal than they really should...it's at least one meal a day now days

If their clothes aren't funky....they wear them again.

If I have too many contractions in a day...no one get's bathed or schooled.

I have taught Olivia to do laundry...well, trying anyway.

Oh, the laundry. The pile is as wide as I am tall, and it's up to my waist. I have Evan to thank for peeing his bed the other day and the cat puking on ours. That has put the pile over the top!

The rats died...and I couldn't be more thrilled. Here's hoping the cat will too.

The baby's crib? We'll, it's here in IL...just in Chicago awaiting our arrival to pick it up.

I have a love affair with the couch and the ice maker. Can't get enough of either.

I eat about 22lbs of ice every 10 days. I crave it..but then why have I gained 25lbs?! Hello?! (thanks for the genes, Mom)

Other drivers on the road....they are all lucky to be alive.

Bowls, plates, cups, spoons, etc...they are ALL in a low shelf so that the kids can easily reach them to make their own cereal...pop tarts...fruits, yogurt...etc.

We have eaten more McDonalds than I can shake a stick at. The kids are "lovin' it"

And, the most recent event. Food poisoning. Yeah, um, those brownies I made the other night hoping to redeem myself? Not so good for Craig. He got food poisoning from them.

However....it's not ALL doom and gloom!

The kids have matured tremendously. Especially Olivia. While I have managed to let everything go, I HAVE worked to remain on top of my 'dedicated' little boy, attitudes, discipline, and training. Can't say I've done a great job, but honestly, I'd rather have to scrounge for socks for everyone than have seriously bratty kids. They have their moments, as do I (usually behind the wheel!) but all is good.

Much more is expected out of them, and it's been a good thing! They are developing skills on how to work their arguments out and to play fair. They are quite the little helpers, and are eager to accomplish tasks.

I *promise* (term must be used loosely) to post pics of the kids, especially Evan soon!

While the "Mother of the Year" award won't be traveling my way anytime soon....I'll take the concession prizes of a weekend away with the hubs and that much needed new car. ;0)

Heck...I'll take that over the award ANY DAY!!

5 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

You've taken me on a trip down memory lane...and just when I thought I'd repressed all those painful memories, too. :) It's hard having three kids. And it's hard being pregnant. Combine those three and...WOW! Glad I decided to adopt #4. :) Some seasons in our life are all about surivival, so here's to a new car and a weekend getaway! Hope you get them both, girl!

Gwen said...

I agree-- some seasons of life are really all about survival, and you're doing just fine! I always keep cereal bowls, cups, etc in a lower cupboard even when I'm not pregnant! ;)

I forget when you're due. Hopefully you'll have your new little bundle of joy fairly soon! Take care of yourself!!

AAC Adoption and Family Network said...

Hey girl, I would nominate you for sure =) I love that you keep it real. I have six and going from 2 to 3 was the hardest on me. I have really hard pregnancies too (and not even as bad as yours) and it sounds like you are telling my story. Sending lots of hugs your way. Stay strong...this too shall pass and things will get better.
xxxxx
Nicole

TanyaLea said...

Yep, sounds like 'survival mode' to me... and that's OKAY!! Cut yourself some slack and know that it's just a season, and this too shall pass.

Heck, I'm not even pregnant, and I rely on the TV and cereal to get me through some days. So what's my excuse!?! ;) Hang in there and know you REMAIN in my thoughts and prayers. Hold fast to the Lord, and He will see you through and renew your strength... in the meantime, let His grace sustain you!

I'm with Tara ~ here's to that new car and a weekend get-away!! Sounds like little Olivia could be nominated for an award, too! What a sweetheart for stepping up to the plate to help out her momma! You ROCK, Olivia!!!

BIG Hugs,
~Tanya

Anneli said...

Praying for you! All I can say is posts like this get me excited for pregnancy someday (notice the sarcasm). Hoping that the rest of it will go smoothly. You're due in January right?

Blessings,
Anneli