Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And Levi Makes 6.....

A week ago today, the Lord increased our family to 6! Levi Joseph was born at 9:05am on 1/25/2011. He weighed a whopping 10lbs 14oz and was 20.5inches long. It was a long and miserable pregnancy, ending in a planned c/s due to his size, and he is worth EVERY STINKIN' MINUTE!



Levi is such a blessing to our family. God is so gracious to have given us another child. So far, he has quite a laid back personality and on his own time frame. And that's OK. I miss all those baby noises, smells and that way they stick their little butts out when you pick them up. *sigh* We are all smitten.



I never imagined myself with 4 kids....always hoped, but never, ever thought it would be true. It is...I have the messy and loud house to prove it. All is good. I can't fathom spending the time doing laundry when I can snuggle a newborn. Their littleness only lasts so long! Besides....the kids have plenty of underwear, perhaps enough to get them through to the new year.

9 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Oh Molly!!! I have got such GOOD tears streaming down my face!!! Levi is absolutely PRECIOUS!!!! Congratulations! It's wonderful being a mother to four, isn't it? :)

Gwen said...

I was just thinking today how I haven't heard from you in awhile-- and now I know why!
Congratulations!
Levi is a cutie!

Mrs. Winn said...

Congratulations on #4!! What a BIG boy Levi is!!
~Kelly

meg said...

congratulations on a new sweet big baby boy!! a house full of love..
enjoy.
meg

Carrie said...

The littleness doesn't last long? I'm not sure you ever had it with Levi! :) Just kidding... it's just hard to believe that little Levi weighed more at birth than Cora does at 1 month! Wow, you are a strong lady. And having a newborn along with 3 other kiddos - I have NO IDEA how you do it, but it seems you are bathed in grace. Congratulations and enjoy these sweet days and all the snuggles and cuddles.

Love,
C.

Valerie and Jeff said...

Congratulations! I have been thinking about you SO much lately! And here you've been a mom by 4 for a good week now! LEVI is so beautiful! And your comment about how they "stick their butt out" when they get picked up ... oh ... that makes my baby-arms ache! I am so blessed to share the beautiful photos of him that you posted! And also to know that the BIG Almquist boys' clothes ... are going on another big guy! (And I thought Nolan took the cake at 9lbs 12 oz.) You Rock! er ... Levi Rocks ... no, God Rocks!
And I LOVE the name!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Love Ya,
Valerie

Tami said...

Congrats Molly!!!!

Oh, how I feel your pain....Nathan was 10lb 14oz and 23" long. Don't know how....but after 48+ hours of labor and AMAZINGLY only 1 stitch our first born was born. His size was a surprise since I was measuring right on....glad I didn't know, because I would have been terrified and requested a C section!!!!

Levi is beautiful and yes....as long as they have clean underware, you're all set!!!! Love that....LOL!

Enjoy all the precious moments that come with a newborn....how I miss the snuggling with a little one (relatively speaking;-).

God is good!
Tam

Jenna said...

OH- I have been thinking about you, and praying for you....and stalking your blog! :) I've been wondering if you had the baby yet! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is a chunky little hunk of adorableness!!!! (I LOVE big babies, but that's a bit insane, Molly!) I am so happy for you and will continue praying for you as you adjust. I read your latest post, and my heart stopped thining of what COULD have happened. God is so good, and your little man is absolutely meant to be here for a reason! Love his name!

So, so happy for you!

Love,
Jenna

Learning Together at Home said...

Molly, a HUGE congratultaions to you! Levi is so precious! I read your latest post first and just wanted shout Amen with you. God is so good. And did I say, wow that boy of yours is precious. :)
Shelley