Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cabin fever = Evan and his Gooseggs....

Perhaps we should get carpet, or better, rubber floors. Perhaps SPRING SHOULD JUST HURRY UP AND GET HERE!

Either way, the kids are running through the house...wildly. Evan, bless his heart, just can't keep up physically without falling. We have hardwood floors. They can be slippery and are always hard. (duh) Good thing Evan's head is just as hard.

In the last hour the kids have been wrestling, all three older ones. Evan has acquired 3 small gooseggs on various areas of his head.

As the adult in charge, what am I doing about this? Sitting on the couch with a raging head cold nursing a 3.5 week old baby with RSV...wishing it were spring and I could send them outside.

Before the pity party gets out of hand here, I should mention I'm very grateful we have, thus far avoided more stitches. There hasn't been any bloodshed from head trauma or otherwise yet today, either. Thankfully, Evan doesn't seem to mind stitches. For a trip down memory lane...here are the two sets he acquired in China.

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

...and let's just keep those stitches where they belong... in "memory lane" !!! Glad to hear they are only goose-eggs. Boys will be boys, huh!?! ;) Like you, I am fighting a very annoying head cold (my head feels like it is filled with sandbags, it's so heavy and stuffy!!) and my poor Dawson is dealing with the same head cold/throat stuff. And can we just 'ditto' that call out for spring! Oh how I am longing for sunshine, green grass, and more time outdoors!!

Praying you feel better soon!

Hugs,
Tanya