
But God had other plans for the delivery, and we knew this. Here is where...once again...His goodness floods in. As they pulled Levi out, I heard them say "nuchal cord times 1." A cord around the neck is common, no biggie. Then it became quite hushed in the OR. Dr. R then said, "we have one umbilical knot, we have two umbilical knots."
WHAT?!
I was an OB nurse for just a short, short time, after I graduated nursing school 10,000 years and 4 kids ago, but I remember enough to know that a knot in the umbilical cord is a potential death sentence for the little ones. Most knots are discovered after it's 'too late.'
It wasn't 'too late' for our little boy because all along God kept him safe and sound. Levi had one loose knot, and one tight knot. He could have easily died, even at 39 weeks, but God in His love and grace, protected him. I just LOVE seeing His hand on my kids! It's a reminder to me that no matter what I do to love and protect my children, that ultimately He is in control.
After the initial shock in the OR was over, they continued their assessment on Little (OK, or not so little). Levi's apgar scores were 9 and 9. He was the pinkest, fattest,
biggest baby I had ever seen. His knots posed no problems for him. The doctor later told me that his cord was so big and healthy that it was likely he had the knots for awhile.
God spared him for His glory, and even from the start he was meant to be here. Shortly after Evan came home...I prayed the Lord would "shut my womb" for good. I didn't want ANY chance of another biological child because there were so many orphans out there already. My chances of conceiving and carry a term baby are actually quite minimal anyway, but just in case, I still asked...
What a blessing the Lord said "NO!" It was a resounding NO when that cheapie pregnancy test show positive.
So, I've learned that when God says NO, it's a good thing, and no matter what I do, I'm still not in control. (as much as I'd like to think I am!) Unfortunately, I will need to learn this lesson over and over and over again, but each time, it's sweet to see His grace and patience with me.


3 comments:
C-Sections are rough! Wouldn't wish them on anyone! But, like you my three C-Section babies all had complications that "could" have killed them, so I've learned to appreciate that scar. :) And my "surprise" pregnancy along with the little "girl" I was going to adopt from China have taught me just to leave the family planning up to God...He knows far more than I do! LOL! :) They are sweet lessons to learn, even when the path isn't the easiest....
Rejoicing with you in your fourth MIRACLE!!!
I love how God has already ordered our footsteps... so when we hear 'no' or 'not now' we truly need to trust in His plan for our lives, knowing He is in the details and loves us way too much to lead us astray.
Praising Him for HIS plan in your life and in Baby Levi's life. I can't wait to watch and see what God has in store as you little man grows! Hope you are feeling well and that your recovery is getting better with each passing day. I love your big little bundle of love... he is just TOO precious for words!
BIG Hugs and once again, CONGRATS to ALL of you!!! <><
love ya,
~Tanya
Look at that scrumptious baby -congrats!!! What a beautiful family of SIX! Praise God for his goodness. Hope you are recovering well. Can't wait to see more in the weeks to come :)
Post a Comment