Monday, April 4, 2011

His Roots

Evan loves his book!!!

He waited most of the afternoon for the big brown truck to bring his special book. Finally, it came. He ran to the door, but, as usual, was trampled by his older sister.

He knew it was his book, and didn't care. No one could steal his thunder...especially an overbearing big sister!!

We unwrapped it and he read over each page so very carefully..remembering specific things about China...the New Day playground...his foster family...a special toy, etc. He 'got' it.

These are the only 'roots' he has. We don't know his exact birth date, or where he was found. Dr. offices beg for family history. They can't seem to grasp that these kids from China are abandoned. Abandonment is his reality, cold and harsh. Anything I can do to soften the blow, I will. He loves books, he loves looking at books of him, his family and now he can look at a glimpse of his special story...so far.




(I can't make this pic turn! sorry!)

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

Absolutely PRICELESS! I'm so glad Evan has a mommy who loves him so deeply, and cares about every detail of his young life. "His Roots" is a beautiful story of God's unfailing love in His life, and I'm so glad you are celebrating the memories that he has by keeping them alive. They may be all you have, but I trust that God will fill the missing void. You boy is destined to do great things for Christ... this I just KNOW!! <><

Love you,
~Tanya