
Photographer: Feng Jiang
We are almost DTC...almost. The last of our documentation is getting authenticated, certified, and pampered at the Chinese consulate right now! AAC says it should be back and we should be DTC around 9/15. That would be a lovely birthday present, for sure! This news certainly is a bright spot amongst everything else going on.
So, our house sold! Wonderful news...a less expensive mortgage and a backyard at last. Pay no attention to the red & orange kitchen carpet! Then, as quick as we spent the $$ for our "new" home's inspection, the appraisal on our current home came back low. We said good-by to the buyers and the new backyard. Sadly, had the appraisal been done a week or two earlier, the agreeded upon price would have not been an issue. I relocation rock bottom priced home settled, and threw the appraisal off. So, now we have an unsold home, apprasisng for less that the smaller models in our development. I'm still looking for the joy in this one.... But, I am suspecting this comes in the form of protection. Not sure of what, but God has a plan, He always does!
The same day the housing crisis proceeded to crush dreams of a swing set for my wee-ones, we were notified that we were not approved for a much hoped for grant from Gift of Adoption. That was a grant I was really hoping for...well who wouldn't?
Well, when all is done and said, I am blessed. Not many people pillow their head next to their best friend every night, but God is good, and I do. When I wake up two of the biggest and cutest blessings in the world are ready and waiting to be fed, loved and trained (and in that order). I also get to home school, and it's the coolest thing to have taught my first child to read, and my second child to write his name. While we are tighter than my jeans after stress eating so much chocolate, all is good!
We will continue to pray that Evan is home this year....It's a long shot now, but I know Someone who specializes in making miracles happen. :0)


6 comments:
Isn't it great that when we have our "rock bottom" moments we always have the reassurance that the situation is in MUCH more capable hands than ours?!? I don't know how I would get through some days if it weren't for the comfort that knowledge brings. :) I will join you in praying for a miracle that will bring Evan home to you this year. Now that all other options are "out" it's going to be totally up to God to show off His glory! Who knows...that may have been what He was waiting for all along. Our Father LOVES the opportunity to blow His children away with his power and goodness!!!
Praise God He is still in control. Only He knows what He may have been keeping you from in the house with a backyard. Your faith is awesome and I'll keep praying that Evan is home this year. Zeph. 3:16-17 was a big encouragement to me the last few months. I hope God speaks to you through it as well.
Love how cute your blog looks :0)
Oh, I know all too well about the journey of faith that we are on. We are right behind you on the paper trail... and we too are praying for a miracle, that we can bring Khloe home yet this year. We know the ONE who is able, so maybe we'll still be traveling together as we always mentioned in the beginning!?...would that just be neat?!! The best part is that we both know God has a plan for our families, and He will bring us to our precious kiddos in His perfect timing. To Him be all glory!! <>< Lifting you up as we pray for our own travels, too.
Love and Hugs,
~Tanya
Molly,
Though I only 'know' you through your blog, and email correspondances....I KNOW without a doubt, especially after meeting your sweet Evan...God has chosen Evan for your family. You all are destined to be together. God will (continue) to provide, in His perfect timing, as you continue to so elequently testify to His goodness, faithfulness and power. You inspire us all with your genuine faith in and love of God.
Love, Tami
Yes, indeed you do. Looking forward to watching Him do just that, work some miracles for Evan and for you.
Kelly
Oh I'm so happy to have found your family's blog! Evan is a doll..I've been spying him on New Day's blog! Hope you don't mind me popping in! ;)
I'll be praying for provision and a speedy LOA for yall! We are a New Day family too...and only lacking our imm. approval to be DTC! ;)
Blessings,
Laine Ferrill
flipflopsrus@windstream.net
Post a Comment