Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Great Day!

So, yesterday, I celebrated my 33rd Birthday. I don't mind sharing my age, because it's just a number. Really, I am 23. And, I will be 23 until further notice. Why? because I feel 23!! Wish I looked it though!

In the morning, early morning, I was greeted by a quite cheerful, chattering little boy who climbed into bed next to me with his exceptionally cold feet. He chattered about which color of flowers to buy me for my birthday. Moments later, Prince Charming came in, (yes, I am married to Prince Charming) wished me happy birthday, kissed me and left for work. That kiss was courageous on his behalf, as I've been down with a nasty cold for 3 days.

My 6 year old daughter spent much of her free time 'painting' me a pony she received as a gift. She carefully wrote happy 33rd birthd mom on the back, and proceeded to draw hearts everywhere there was a free space. So, so sweet. This is one of those things, I will never ever part with. (I'll post a pic of it shortly)

The day was uneventful, the sun shined, school went well, I coughed and hacked. Then, we passed by a new, and local beading store on the way home from the produce store. We had about an hour before dinner was due in the oven, so we stopped in. Then Liv ended up making her own bracelet. It was such a nice quite place, despite Jack doing chin ups on all the railings. It is definitely a place I could see she and I hanging out. She was tickled pink with her new bracelet and proudly wore it home.

Once at home, dinner proved itself to be terrible, as it usually is. I'm not a cook, don't claim to be one, and really do wish we could all just take 'meal pills', or chew gum like in Willy Wonka. Or, just have a cook would be fine. A hibachi chef.

After our dreadful dinner, we loaded up the kids bikes, and headed out to the playground. As they rode their bikes, Craig and I got to talk...mostly uninterrupted...a gift in and of itself! After the streetlights came on, and it was time to go, we went to Dairy Queen for some ice cream.

Doesn't sound like much of a day, but God is so good. In the last few weeks, He has opened up my eyes so that I might be a little more thankful than the moment before. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband, and smart, healthy and mostly obedient kids! What more can I possibly ask for? (OK, besides to have Evan home) Yeah, I'd have to say it was the best birthday ever.

Then...to top it ALL off...I come home, and see this:





So, it looks like we ALL went to DQ on my birthday!! Sweet Evan just had no idea. :0)

5 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

I love it when God works out the "small" details like that!!!! Happy Birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

well, happy late birthday! glad to hear you had a great day.

sounds like you need a 4 ingredients cookbook...they're my latest inspiration to cook. :)

TanyaLea said...

These special little connections are just the things our God is made of! He knows what our heart needs and He is SO delighted to provide. God is GOOD, God is FAITHFUL...ALL THE TIME!!! <><

Happy (belated) 33rd Birthday, Dear Friend!!

love,
Tanya

Gwen said...

Very sweet story-- love the DQ connection, half way around the world! Amazing! :)
Sounds like you had a great birthday! Next year you'll have THREE sweet kiddos to wish you a happy day!

Lisa said...

Aaaawwwww...that is the SWEETEST birthday ever! Yeah the pun was intended...corny but intended :0)

Happy Birthday my friend!!!