Monday, September 21, 2009

More Angel Food Cake



So, last week I mentioned asking the Lord for a few crumbs of encouragement and He gave me a whole loaf of bread. I probably should have described it as angel food cake! In the Bible, there was this guy, Elijah. He was a prophet, and the evil Queen Jezebel had it out for him. Poor Elijah, was exasperated. He desperately needed some R&R...after all, I'm sure running from a mob of the queen's lynch-men does tend to stress one out. God is good, and did not forget about his weary servant resting under a juniper tree. God sent an angel to tend to this prophet. Elijah was provided with water and cakes...Angel Food cakes...as my previous pastor so amusingly like to say! The angel of the Lord said "Arise, and eat; because the journey is too great for thee."


We have seen this journey of adoption as exciting, unpredictable, stretching and difficult...most of the time, it is too great for us. This comes mainly in finances at this point in time. Craig and I have always joked that "tragedy brings us closer." It's not really funny since it's true, and we are really close! We first saw Evan in January, and from then on it's been quite the journey, and I'd do it all over again, because I don't have to worry about the outcome. God has it all under control.

Just today, another sweet piece of cake was given to us. Several weeks ago a friend encouraged me to put some items we no longer needed into our local kids consignment sale. This sale is quite the snazzy sale. They are wonderfully picky about items, to ensure top quality. I didn't have much, but did have three 'bigger' items that wouldn't be a hassle for Misty to add in with her items. I was excited when she said all of them sold! Yahoo!! That's 75.00 more for our "Evan Jar." (yes, we do save our adoption expenses in a spaghetti sauce jar that sits on the counter) Today she shows up with a check for 260.00!!!

Talk about a piece of angel food cake!

Several of my friends donated some of their items to help us with our adoption expenses. I know these families and they have expenses too, yet they still sacrificed a sizable portion of their sales to help get Evan home.

I can't believe it, but I can believe it, because that's just how they are! So thank you Misty, Jody & Denyse, Lisa and Alicia. You have blessed our family so much.

3 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Okay, I'm crying now!!! How amazing for your friends to come together and help you so generously! God is TRULY working to bring your Evan home!

P.S. I LOVE the spaghetti sauce jar idea!

TanyaLea said...

What a wonderful surprise! I love the many different avenues that God uses to bring provisions and blessings into our lives. He knows the needs, and He often uses creative ways to supply them. I know your friends will receive their blessing, too... because according to how they gave, it too shall be given back onto them! Everyone wins!!! <><

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

Unknown said...

How wonderful - it's it amazing how the Lord has provided for you all thus far and for Evan. Can't wait to watch more of this journey -- it's encouraging for all of us to see Him provide! There is nothing He can't do.