Today, I present 3 'subjects'. For the first two subjects, stock photos will have to do for now, as the camera battery is lost somewhere in the front yard, (presumably by a small, blondish girl about 6 years old. No, I'm not bitter.) thus making it impossible to take pictures. Really, I'm not bitter.
Here is subject #1. Our Subaru, and amazingly enough, this is exactly what it looks like, with a few less dents.

Subject #2 The little brown caterpillar Olivia picked up in the park today. She has this crazy knack for finding caterpillars. It sorta looks like this:
Subject #3...Olivia.
If anyone ever doubts God's goodness, his faithfulness and his ability to answer prayer, this is for you (and me). I received quite an education between these three subjects tonight in a parking lot of the mall. Olivia and I had some 'girl time' tonight.
Not wanting to leave her new found caterpillar in the care of her loving, albeit bug-squeezing brother, she took it with. We drove the Subaru. She fell asleep, and wouldn't ya know, the caterpillar escaped. We arrived at the mall to find an empty jar. Mind you, it's already dark, the interior lights are less than adequate, casting a shadow on everything. Oh my. My very first thought, was "at least it won't stink when it dies. We'll find it next time we vacuum." Now, honestly, what a terrible mother!! On the other hand, Olivia's first thought was to pray. She did not react, but chose to act. Now in all fairness, I was the one who taught her to stop and pray before freaking out. However, it's quite obvious I had momentary lapse of good judgment, character, you name it.
So, immediately, before another move was made, we prayed and asked for help to find her little beloved caterpillar. We looked some more, then called it a day. We left the lid off the jar, just in case the caterpillar wanted to crawl back in for a bite to eat. That was Olivia's idea, and how very thoughtful for her to think the caterpillar might get hungry.
Leaving the jar open, we headed into the store. I knew we wouldn't see that fuzzy caterpillar again, after all how many places could it go? Just about ANYWHERE in that car!! However, Olivia knew we'd find it. She had faith that the God who created the universe, would answer her prayer.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
2 hours later, we were done and headed back out to the dark parking lot, to a dimly lit car. I unlocked, and opened the door to find, what else, but a fuzzy brown caterpillar sticking to the seat where we ABSOLUTELY could not miss it! I nearly wet my pants. Olivia, was ecstatic, as we captured the caterpillar, once again. I confessed to her that I didn't think we'd see the caterpillar again. She then plainly looked at me and said, "I knew he'd be here mom. God answers prayer."
Lesson learned, Mom. I know where I go to get that faith...the Bible. However, I also need to have a pure heart, like hers. She sees God answer prayer on a daily basis. She sees the "good" more than the "bad". And she trusts.
"And all these, whatsoever, ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Matt 21:22
She asked, she believed, and she got!
It always amazes me how God chooses to show himself mighty and faithful to us. Wow!


6 comments:
I'm telling you, every where I turn today, I am getting a lesson in FAITH! Pretty sure I'm getting the message loud and clear. Thank you Jesus!! <><
Oh to have faith like a child! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing, Molly!! :)
love ya,
~Tanya
Beautiful story Molly....immediately reminded me of Matthew 19:14...Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
You have quite a lovely butterfly there in your daughter:-), as the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Love, Tam
I love it when we see the faith we "teach" our children lived out in their lives! I also love that God cares enough about our desires that He will grant even the "smallest" request for a lost caterpillar! :) These family moments are the ones that make the sweetest memories...and build spiritual giants!
Aaawwwww....I love this post! If you keep a "Memorial Box" you'll have to put a caterpillar in it!!! If you don't keep one, check out "A Place Called Simplicity" on my sidebar. You'll love the idea!!!
Just wanted to say your story blessed me! Hope you have a great day!
Jen
I found you through your post on Linny's site--and dropped by
It is beautiful how our little ones can have such unfailing faith. I know that I learn a lot from my children on this score!
Your family is beautiful. Found your blog through Gwen's blog. Can't wait to see your little guy home with you!
Blessings,
Sarah
Post a Comment