Once I had a free moment, I carefully opened up the package, and peeked inside and spied some tools. Oh, I LOVE tools, especially ones that make food preparation easier, AND edible around our house! There was even a little Pampered Chef cookbook in there. I LOVE their recipes....easy and lots of pictures. Seriously friends, my cooking is awful. Just ask my husband about last night's dinner. (If I hadn't made them myself, I would have thought the green beans had a poisonous concoction on them. Funny though, Craig enjoyed the beans) I slid out my little bow-tied surprises and was just absolutely tickled. Beth is Marathon Mary's sister, and also the organizer of the Pampered Chef fundraiser. The card was exquisite. So elegant...absolutely beautiful. I LOVE handmade cards. Upon opening the card, it contained a sweet note and a check from the proceeds of the fundraiser.
A whopping $483.02 was raised to help bring Evan home!! Can you believe that?! Beth mentioned it was more than she thought, but never mentioned HOW much it was. I was shocked, grateful, thrilled and amazed at this mighty provision. So many people, who don't even know Evan, or our family, helped out in such an amazing way. This is a HUGE amount of money. At this point we are now saving for our China "in country" fees, and travel, which, I'm guessing will be about $10,000, maybe a little more. This money will go towards those fees.
I stand so undeserving.


6 comments:
What a wonderful surprise to get so much for your sons home coming.
We are in the stage also where we are trying to buget for our trip to China. My husband is dead set that the kids are coming with us, that's three more people to figure on.
I've got tears in my eyes as I stand amazed...once again...at just how GOOD our God is!!!
So very happy for you....and I have to say, I'm lovin having a bar pan again;-)!!! God bless...
Tami
Aw shucks, Molly, it was a pleasure to help out. Oh yeah, I need to send you some marathon pics. Lets see, there were 3 people in banana suits, 2 Elvi, a guy in a Mini Mouse suit, and my sister...
Beth
What a blessing... I love the way that God provides, always above what we could ask or think!! <>< And I must say, I'm loving my kitchen tools, too!! So happy to be a part of this journey!
Love you,
~Tanya
Yeah God!!! I love that your check was delivered with such fun surprises! I haven't forgotten you!!!
Post a Comment