Oh Molly, I so wish you could see me right now because I am crying and smiling at the same time. We have the EXACT same LID 9/28/09!!!! I am so hoping we will be able to meet up in China. How cool would that be????
Now the real waiting begins. We are hoping and praying for our LOA in December if not sooner.
We had no idea it was coming, but our income dropped 20%...the day AFTER the home study was finalized and notarized. God protected us. His pay will eventually go back up, or that's the plan anyway, but had this happend several weeks ago? I shutter to think.
The three states we need clearances for all stated they would expidite our forms...and they did!
Craig's transplant surgeon wrote us and stealthy letter of recommendation...within FOUR HOURS of asking for it. I have to add that he is one of the busiest transplant surgeons in the country too! Guess it helps Craig is one of his favorites :0)
Our FBI clearance prints were taken on a Thursday night...the results were in the mailbox the next Wednesday
The home study agency emailed docs to us, affording us a weeks worth of work done by the time our application check arrived
Adoption Timeline
1/16/09 See Forest for the first time on Rainbow kids. 2/27/09 Review his file (as if) 3/10/09 Place Forest on hold 3/31/09 Receive 'oral' PA 4/8/09 Received official PA!! Contacted New Day to let them know we are adopting Forest, and his new name is Evan! 4/13 New Day tells Evan about his new family 4/17 & 4/25 Home study visits 6/10/09 *FINALLY* received finalized copies of home study 6/18/09 Write LOI 6/26/09 AAC says our agency grant doubled to $4,000! 7/20/09 USCIS fingerprints done 8/4/09 USCIS approval 9/17/09 DTC!!! 9/28/09 LID!! 12/28/09 LOA 1/21/10 USCIS approval for Evan 1/23/10 NVC (national visa center) letter 3/15/10 Receive TA (travel assignment)...now off to China!
Our Itinerary
Here it goes:
Friday 4/2 fly non-stop from Chicago to Beijing
Saturday 4/3 arrive to Beijing, spend the night at New Day
Sunday 4/4 attend Easter service at New Day, and sight see in Beijing
Monday 4/5 MEET EVAN! Meet everyone at New Day.
Tuesday 4/6 Fly to Zhengzhou. Official GOTCHA Day! Civil office in afternoon.
Wednesday 4/7 Get Evan's passport, notary. Fly to Guangzhou
Thursday 4/8 Medical check and visa
Friday 4/9 Tour Guangzhou
Saturday 4/10 TB test check, shopping....maybe the zoo?
Sunday 4/11 rest
Monday 4/12 Consulate appointment
Tuesday 4/13 Oath
Wednesday 4/14 Pick up Evan's visa
Thursday 4/15 FLY HOME. Arrive into Chicago late afternoon.
5 comments:
Oh Molly, I so wish you could see me right now because I am crying and smiling at the same time. We have the EXACT same LID 9/28/09!!!!
I am so hoping we will be able to meet up in China. How cool would that be????
Now the real waiting begins. We are hoping and praying for our LOA in December if not sooner.
Hugs,
Mandi
HOORAY!!! God is SO good!!!!
GREAT news! Getting closer! :)
SOOOOOOOO happy for BOTH you and Mandi! God is GOOD...all the time!! <>< Here's praying you both received an extra speedy LOA!
Sending BIG Congratulatory (ummh...is that a word?! I dunno, but who cares!!) HUGS!!
OXOXOXO,
~Tanya
Yeah!!!! It won't be long now!!!!!
Praising God with you big time!!!
Post a Comment