Back in May when we were pulling teeth to get our home study completed, we fielded some interesting items in our home study. Since a home study is on the family, there should really be no surprises to the family...however we found that was definitely NOT the case with ours.
Our home study agency was, and is wonderful!!! The social worker was very sweet, but must have had a lot on her mind. There were more than several revisions, and a number of, well, oddities appeared out of nowhere and into our home study.
Somehow along the way, my "hobbies" went amiss. I remember her asking what my hobbies were, and I had to think hard. With small kids, just the very idea 'hobby' is somewhat a foreign concept at the moment. I mentioned that I liked to scrapbook and work on home renovation projects with my husband. Enough said.
However, somehow, some way, it was stated in our home study that agriculture, specifically goats were one of my hobbies. GOATS?! The animals most likely to eat the clothes off your body at the petting zoo, those goats? The funniest part about this is that we live in a townhouse! We are not exactly zoned for goats. Hmmm...can't even have a swing set, let alone goats. This was after several revisions, so at that point, I was so frustrated, I had to laugh. GOATS?!
Now, I am more of a country girl, and would probably have them if we had the acreage, but I'm not a lover of goats. Further more, for several years now, I have tried to grow plants...any plant will do, from seeds. Nothing has ever grown. My brother on the other hand was always able to grow plants from a bunch of rocks in the middle of the yard. Rather than a green or black thumb, mine is downright necrotic.
As hard as I tried, I could not get that out of the home study...so I let it go. The final version says something about how I like agriculture, but especially like animals. :0) Oh, well, at least it didn't tout how much I 'loved' goats!
**update** I should add here that she might have gotten the idea we are a goat loving family because on the last home study date, our friends' chicken eggs were hatching. e The kids were anxious to go over to their farm and watch them hatch after the social worker had left. They do have goats at their farm...but I'm not sure the goats were even mentioned, so who knows how she came up with goats! Perhaps a little Heavenly comic relief!


3 comments:
That is hilarious!!! I mean, seriously, where did that come from? GOATS?!?! Now I'm anxious to see what kind of "oddities" show up in ours! :)
That is SO funny! A little annoying when you think of all the problems... but a hilarious 'oddity' if I do say so myself!! LOL! :)
Oh my, and I thought we had home study issues!
Too Funny!!
Post a Comment