
Yesterday I received some news from our agency. I don't want to be a downer, but it wasn't the greatest of news. Course, it could always be worse! Early last summer, we were told the LOA (letter of acceptance) wait time was 45-90 days. By fall it was 2-4 MONTHS, and just yesterday, I received word, they were averaging 4 months.
That's 120 days from our LID (Log in Date) til LOA (Letter of Acceptance) Ouch. Quite honestly, I was praying for 45...and still am. Of course we want Evan home, I cannot lie....however part of me wants that 45 day miracle, for just what it is...a miracle. I want to see mountains moved, and want others who don't know the Lord to see them too.
Upon starting this blog, I named it Everyday Miracles because we had just stepped into this new little world of seeing these little miracles happen nearly every day! I can tell you the exact date was Jan 16th of this year...the date we saw Evan for the first time. It was that date that God whispered to my heart, "here's your son."
Being in this adoption is nothing short of a miracle. God literally shut the doors of adoption for us several times over...once when we even had the child on a part time basis. Though he never removed that burden to adopt, he kept all the doors shut until that sweet January day. Pretty amazing, if you ask me!
So, with this not so encouraging news about a 4 month LOA, I'm keeping in mind, that I'm on God's timetable...not another nation, room, or group of people. HE is the one who makes it all happen. He is the one who chose Evan for us, and He is bringing him home.
Should God chose to lengthen that wait time, he is able, but if he shortens it to, let's say, next week...he is still able.
God specializes in miracles...I am married to one, and have two more of them running around the house, and yet another, running around in China. I see these everyday miracles, every day I chose to.

I am thankful it's only a 4 month time line! Imagine never adopting at all!


6 comments:
Oh, the waiting is SO HARD. But you are right, it is in God's hands, and His timing is perfect. And keep your chin up... I just saw on some yahoo groups today that people are getting LOA's between 45-70 days... so, you never know!!!
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how LOA's are sent out. That's one reason why the wait is so hard!!
I love these new photos of Evan! Can't wait to hear about your LOA- hopefully SOON! :)
I do feel your pain. We are on day 38 of our wait. Our dossier took a whole month to get logged in when so many seem to be logged in inside of 14 days. I know it's God's timing not mine, but my heart still has a hard time with that.
I did see when you guys were DTC, do you have a LID?
I'm right there with ya.
www.getgavinhome.blogspot.com
Molly,
I'm reaching through the screen and giving you a great, big HUG!!! I know every day seems like an eternity and it's SO hard to remember that God's timing is perfect when all we want is to feel our child in our arms...but keep your faith. Just like the title announces, He DOES have a plan!!!!
Hugs,
Tara
Oh Molly ~ Well, you know from our earlier correspondences where my heart is on this subject. So just know that I am standing with you in believing for that LOA...ASAP!! :) I refuse to put God in a box! His very word says that we have not, because we ask not. So like you, I am certain to make my requests known...while always trusting in His perfect timing, of course. But I am always up for a 'miracle' that will shine the light on our Father and bring Him glory! That's the way I think about it, too!! ...great minds think alike!!! ;) Take care and keep confessing good things and thanking God for bringing that LOA soon. Afterall, "life and death are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it, shall eat the fruit of it." I'm speaking LIFE!!! <><
Big Hugs,
~Tanya
May God move quickly! The wait can be so tough but like labor pains, it is soooo quickly forgotten when you are holding your precious child. Hang in there :0) He DOES have perfect timing!
God works in mysterious ways and you never know what awesome plan he has for this wait. Maybe it's to benefit your travel in some way, whom you will meet or whose life you will touch before or while you travel. You have such a wonderful perspective on the wait, even if you are anxious. I am sure that God feels the sincerity of your heart, both in your wishes and your patient understanding.
Blessings! (And I pray the wait is on the shorter end of things!)
Post a Comment