I should be more proactive with Halloween. After all, it is the "darkest" spiritual night of the year and as a Christian, I should have had "This Little Light of Mine" Shining! However, my house was a dark as the night sky! I just didn't think. Didn't even think to get candy. With a twinge of conviction, and a dash of regret, I will make our house that light next year for sure!! Can't guarantee that the costume selection process will have any more thought put into it though!
So, while we had a little brown doggie and a purple sparkly unicorn here in Pennsylvania, our other kiddo over in China was a tiger!

We are so blessed.

And this is just priceless!


3 comments:
Priceless, indeed!!! And, I went through a season of not putting "shining my light" on Halloween as well. In fact, it wasn't until we moved to Denton last year that we started doing it. Prior to that, we'd just dress up the kids and take them to some kind of church function. However, now we're in a church without a building and trick-or-treating is the norm for our community, so we started handing out candy...and love it!!! For us, it has been a great "foothold" into the lives of those in our neighborhood. Handing out candy with a smile and a "How cute!" (or going to their homes and experiencing the opposite) has really been the foundation for alot of relationships that otherwise wouldn't have been formed. I'm pretty sure you'll experience the same thing next year! :)
I'm with you. It takes a little extra effort for me when Halloween comes around. Not my favorite holiday. I grew up only going to our church Harvest/Roller-skating Party and never once went trick-or-treating. My parents just didn't allow it. So I have mixed feelings about it myself. We don't allow any witches, wizards, ghosts, and things of that nature. Only 'friendly' costumes with no iffy-spiritual nature or background to their existance. I know that it is 'innocent fun' for most people. And I agree to some extent. But I am still very strict when it comes to decorations and costumes. But I agree that 'letting our light shine' is very important! If we get too legalistic, it would make us untouchable.
I seen those photos of Evan on the website this morning. How cute are they!?! I love the way that they have so much fun with the kids and allow them to just "be kids" as much as possible. Such a blessing!
Take care and have a great week!! <><
~Tanya
Blessed in deed!!!
And I'm with you on Halloween. Love the fun costumes & candy but hate all things gory & ghoulish :0)
Post a Comment