Saturday, November 7, 2009

Remember Them...Tomorrow is Orphan Sunday



Millions of orphans are waiting. We all can't adopt, but we can all help, with the biggest being, PRAYER. It supersedes everything, and the direction you will receive will help you to act. When we prayed, God led us to adopt. Not every can or does, but everyone can do something.

Life is not lived on the sidelines.


My friends and family are not (yet)adopting, but they are making a huge, ginormous difference...running marathons, sponsoring the marathon, helping with adoption expenses, baking cookies to sell at a bake sale, hosting Pampered Chef parties, giving of their time to help with other fundraisers, letters of reference, providing bunkbeds, even babysitting the kids. So many have served the little orphan we are adopting by using their gifts...not necessarily money! ALL these things are done unto the Lord, because they have been done unto the least of His.


Sponsor a kid or surgery or the opening of a NEW foster care home
, helping with shipping costs for Operation Giggle, Milk Money for New Day, etc. Help a family adopt, get involved with foster kids, but mostly PRAY. Many families around the country prayed for Evan when he had just days, possibly hours left in his young life. Because of their fervent prayer, Evan is alive. He is well, he is loving, he is ALL BOY and the best part....he is COMING HOME.

People rallied around us, and are still continuing to so that we can bring him home. Think you have nothing to give? We didn't either, but when God calls you into the game, you get your butt in there! God will make a way if you have a willing and obedient spirit on your part. Might be little, might be big, but it will make a difference.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Well said my friend. I'm praying with you.

TanyaLea said...

PERFECTLY spoken! And great post my friend...thank you!! <><

love ya,
Tanya

Mom Of Many said...

I read your comment a few minutes ago where you call me "Granny" and it made me burst out laughing...love it!! Thank you for the giggle this AM....

And then I peaked around - your baby boy is absolutely beautiful. I saw his smile and my eyes welled with tears - I will be praying him home!! Hey, at this rate, get your LOA and maybe we could meet in China?? I pray I'm home by the time you go, but ya' never know!!

xo