OK, so that evening, I pulled up to the mail box, opened it, took out all the bills, and junk mail...but in the midst...I spied with my little eye...the New Day symbol. "Oh, my!" I thought. It was a ray of sunshine in the mail! A wonderful gift from afar...from Beijing! From my son.
Mandi, another New Day mom orchestrated the whole thing, and what a blessing she has been!
This is a picture that Evan hand painted just for us! I have Olivia's first finger paint picture, as well as Jack's. Now, thanks to Mandi, I have Evans too. Surely, it's not his first..but it's the first his mama has seen, so that counts, right?!
Is that a work of art or what?! It blesses my soul to hold something that Evan made.
So, Mandi, thank you for going out of your way...during YOUR adoption to be a blessing to me during this wait. I treasure this sweet work of art, and your thoughfulness! Thank you too, Carrie and the others who helped our kiddos make these works of art.


5 comments:
What a treasure this is!!! I know you're not the only one who has been blessed by Mandi's thoughtfulness...she is a gift as well! I know this painting will be cherished for MANY years to come!
Such a priceless gift, and what a special way to brighten a not so great day. We help sponsor Adrian and got his little painted handprints awhile ago. It brought tears to my eyes, so I can imagine how happy Evan's little masterpiece made you feel! :)
Merry Christmas!
Your son's picture is a work of art!!!
So happy for you to have gotten this little peice of your son when you needed it most.
Merry Christmas!
What a thoughtful, beautiful gift:-).
Our picture from Drew looks very similar to Evan's. I am still hoping and praying for a Christmas LOA miracle. This wait is horrific. I can't wait to see pics of all the ND kiddos tomorrow since that is when they will be getting their gifts.
Merry CHIRSTmas,
Post a Comment