The Hubby left for Chicago yesterday afternoon. As we all drove to the airport we noticed that our return highway was backed up, basically stopped for well over 4 miles. Uh-oh. Rush hour was still a good two hours away too!
Here is blessing #8 bazillion. After we dropped off Craig we ended up taking 291, to 76, going right through the heart of Philly. UGH. I have yet to breeze through this town at 4pm. But, well, yesterday, the Lord allowed me to. WHAT?!?! Unbelievable. Sure we slowed down some and sped up, but nothing like it normally should have been. God also knows, Philly is not on my list of top places to visit during or nearing rush hour. God of course, knows that, and it was a sweet, sweet reminder that he cares for me in all these little things.
As Hubby got off his plane in Chicago, he had 12 minutes to catch a bus to his destination. Another long shot...but not for God. He caught the bus just in time and was 'home' an hour earlier than he thought he'd be. Because of that, we all got to skype before the kids went to bed. Another little blessing!
Here's the other blessing from just today. Several weeks ago I hit a buck. Such a perfect hit especially since I had never hit one before. Did very little damage, yet still deemed 2100 worth of repairs. Because our 2 car seats were in the van, we had to replace them, but those were covered under the comprehensive insurance.(another blessing!) Several days ago I put 3 of the same car seat in my shopping cart at a certain "mart.com" store. I went to actually purchase them today, and the price had increased significantly. So, I called the customer service and got the SWEETEST person, who promptly refunded me the price difference. Oh, why oh why can't the world be full of more southerners? That was a double blessing...a nice *mart lady AND the better price on the seats.

I ordered THREE. So exciting, as that third seat is for Evan. All along, I had wanted Evan to have the same seat as his brother and sister so he wouldn't feel left out. It might not be an important detail to have the same seat, but it was to me. God knew that and he ranted me that desire.
Far beyond the adoption, our family is in a big transition. These gentle reminders are like chocolate to my soul. These are also reminders that we are walking down the path He has chosen for our family and that when it's his way, it's the right way.
The trick for me is to stop and be still long enough to see that they are there.


3 comments:
God's faithfulness in the little things is just so touching! For Him to KNOW that you wanted matching seats for all 3 of the kids and for Him to work it together just brings tears to my eyes! I know how excited you are making "Evan purchases". All I've bought for Soryn is that tooth fairy pillow, but I've gone through the girls' toys and cleaned up the ones they've outgrown...and have stored them away in Soryn's closet for her to have upon her arrival! Preparing for our little ones to come home is so much fun, isn't it?!?! I'm glad I get to delight in it this time. With my other 3, I was in major OCD mode and probably should have had a clipboard with a checklist on it. :) This time around, I'm just cherishing it all!
Oh YES, a great reminder God is in all things...the big and the little:-). He is truly guiding, carrying you all to sweet Evan.
Love,
Tami
God is always interested in the details of your life! Psalm 37:23-24
Post a Comment