Sunday, March 28, 2010

Evan's March Update...

Not only is this Evan's March update, but it is also his last update from China...CUZ WE'RE GOING TO GO GET HIM THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!





Dear Friends,

We hope this note finds you doing well, and that you enjoy reading this month's update.

Evan is 3 Years 9 Months Old.

Evan’s foster mom wrote this update:

The Spring Festival is coming, and everyone is so excited! Grandma came back home for the Festival, and when Evan saw her, he said, “Happy New Year, Grandma!”

During the festival, a lot of guests came to our home. Evan said hello to all the guests, brought chairs for them, and sang English songs. After a bit, he took out his puzzles of animals and nursery rhyme characters. He told the stories printed on the puzzles, making a lot of motions as he did, such as the story of “The Three Little Pigs.” The guests were very pleased and praised him profusely. His aunt said, “What a big boy Evan has become.” As the guests left, Evan told them that they were all welcome to come back. When the guests were gone, Evan tidied up the sofa, asked for a broom to clean the ground, and took the cups back to the table. His little sister, Polly, praised him, saying, “Evan is a real servant!”

When Polly and Evan play, sometimes Polly throws out her toys. Evan hurries to pick up the toys for her and never gets bored of helping her. He says, “Polly is my little sister, and I am her older brother. I should pick up her toys for her.”

One day Evan pointed to his new shoes and told his grandma that his American Dad bought him the shoes. Grandma asked him, “Will you go to your American Dad when he comes to pick you up?” Evan answered, “Yes.” Grandma then said, “We will miss you!” Evan said, “I will miss you too, but don’t worry, I will call you on the phone.” When shown a picture of his new family, he can find his new dad, mom, sister, and brother.

Evan is such a good little boy, and we treasure him a lot.

If you ever have any questions, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support.

Blessings,

New Day Staff

9 comments:

Valerie and Jeff said...

I translate/polish Polly's updates before they go out and it is always so neat to hear how she and Evan get along. He is such a good big brother to her. He will be missed dearly by her and his foster parents--but what a JOY that he is excited about you guys coming to get him. I can't believe you'll be leaving at the end of the week!!! (Or maybe before!) My prayers are going with you!! --Give everyone hugs--especially Samuel ;-) I'm sure your daughter has left you similar instructions (heehee)
Are you keeping up with posts while you travel? Just curious.

Mandi said...

I cannot believe we got our last updates, can you??? As happy and excited for ust o travel to bring our boys home, my heart also aches for the families they will leave behind. The ones who have loved them for so long.

I cannot wait to see you and Evan together.

Tara Anderson said...

The words "we're going to get him this weekend" gave me chills!!! Oh Molly, I am SO happy for you...there are no words to describe it! I just can't wait to see Evan in your arms!!!

TanyaLea said...

This is IT...the LAST update from China! From now on, all of our updates on sweet Evan will come from YOU!!! YIPPEE JESUS! :) Oh how I can't wait to see this sweet and helpful little boy in YOUR arms, and helping tidy up in YOUR home! PTL! God is GOOD!!!! <><

Lisa said...

Praising God through tear filled eyes that you are so close to hugging his sweet neck! I can't wait to pray you through the last part of your journey to him!!! Now go pack already :0)

 Kelly said...

Molly, your little Evan has the biggest heart! His updates are so touching. I can't wait to see him in your arms next week! I am praying for safe travels and a smooth transition for your sweet boy.

The Ferrill's said...

It's time! It's time! It's time!
We'll be praying for you all the way!!!!!!!! What a privilege to witness another miracle! And one right after another...this week was Adrian, now Evan, then Drew, Adahlyn, Khloe...praise God for all these children coming HOME to their forever families!
My heart is exploding!
Love,
Laine

Jenna said...

Praying for you tonight, and I'll be praying for you tomorrow! And I'll be thinking of you on Easter- Easter at New Day!!!! I am so thrilled the time has come for Evan to come home!!!! :) Enjoy every minute of your time in China!!

Ashton said...

So happy for you! Praying it all goes well!