I really shouldn't be on line blogging...or rather, bragging.
Really.
If you saw my "to do" list, you'd shame me too. My stove is sitting here in the dining room. The fridge...well, that's not even purchased yet. Tomorrow the floor will be in, but only if I get some areas sanded, primed and painted...today.
However, I had to take a moment and brag on God. You see, I can't keep up with all these checks in the mail! Isn't that cool? God just keeps making the way for one of His least to have a home.
Just before we moved, our family received a 50.00 check from a sweet woman in Floridia. Don't have any idea who Martha is. Not a clue. I do know that she has the neatest handwriting I've ever seen, and she can craft a mean card! She is a bloggy friend of "Marathon Mary's" sister, "Pampered Chef, Beth" Can you believe that? Beth shared our story on her blog, and it touched her heart.
Wait! God has more.
So, a week or two goes by, and again, in the mail, comes a note card. This time it's from Canada. Written on a few "grocery lists" of paper was a note. The note said that this gift of 100.00 is for Evan. This is from a Grandma who's daughter and son in law have more than enough for their baby. They wanted this shower gift to go towards a child that actually needed something. Well, this Granny is also a bloggy friend of "Pampered Chef Beth," and found out about Evan. She writes that she knew exactly what to do with their gift money. What a blessing!
I'm so not done.
My friend, Jody was going to a birthday party for another friend of hers. The parents said to gift other children who need a gift more than their child. So, they did. They gifted us with 20.00 for the adoption. It went right into our "Evan Jar."
These people will never know how truly thankful I am.
Here's the last, I promise.
A few months ago, I filled out several grant applications for the Show Hope grant. I had resolved that we would not be receiving one, since we travel next week. However, last night after getting home from church, I found our agency had sent an email. I love getting emails from Nicole at AAC...it is generally always good news! This email was no exception!
Are ya ready?
The folks at Show Hope have given us an adoption grant of 3,500!
We are humbled and excited all at the same time. Craig and I sanded the floor last night in silence...we had no idea what to say or think. Occasionally a "Wow." would be uttered. Still in shock today. 3,500? That's worth more than our cars!
In recent days, I had been questioning the Lord on His provision. I had asked in the beginning of this adoption, that He supply every cent for this adoption so that it would be a huge reminder (to us and others) that He does indeed want these orphans home. When there is a wiling home, He will find a way to get His kid home. We have not sat back waiting for the Lord to show up with a checkbook, though it would be convenient! We have sacrificed and worked, and scrimped. So have others. So many people have come along side our family to help and have sacrificed their own time and talents to help bring Evan home. (Hope I didn't wear everyone out....)
I thought for sure the Lord would leave the rest of the funds up to us...and our Discover card. He didn't. Sure, we have to book tickets on a credit card, but God just paid them off for us. He provides for us...again.
I am not for sure, but I think this adoption has been completely paid for? Craig said no...not yet, anyway. God likes his accounts to be paid in full. That's why he sent his son.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Way to go, God!!! I just love hearing you brag on Him! He's so good!!! :)
I have goosebumps! High 5 to God! AND to you too for saying something and remembering to bring Him Glory!
God is AWESOME! and He loves to give good gifts.
Sweetness.
Joy.
Overflowing.
Anticipating your travel!
Amazing! Glad I could help! I am so excited for you all!!
Finally home from vacation and so glad I caught up with you...how exciting is this!!!! praising God with you and counting the days! god is awesome!!!
Wow. That's what I said when I read this. Wow. Just beautiful. God is good!
P.S. I've asked my family doc if he could donate some medical supplies and although he doesn't keep samples of many of the items in his office, he is more than willing to help and is gathering up some stuff! Hooray!
That's just SO cool!! Way to go God!!
I'm bookmarking this post so I can refer back when I need my memory jogged just how He provides to bring His children into their forever homes. Love it!!
~Kelly
WOW is right.....I have seen so many times God's faithfulness to provide when we step out in faith. I love how Evan will be able to see without a shadow of a doubt how God brought you to him....how God "parted the seas" for him to come to you!
To know you you are right in the palm of His hand- there is no better place to be.
Oh my goodness!!! I haven't been on the blogs much lately, so I missed this one. My heart is in my throat. Goosebumps and tears of JOY for you my friend! God is SO good...SO FAITHFUL! You know this gives me hope, too! Indeed, "The One who calls you is faithful. He will make it happen." (I.Thes. 5:24) YES HE WILL!!!!! <>< Praise His Holy Name!!
love you,
~Tanya
Post a Comment