Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our China Itinerary



I am so glad that Evan's referral picture is now, a closed chapter in the book of his life. God is good...one more child is going home.

We have an official itinerary for our trip to China!  Yahoo!  We will stay at New Day for the first few nights of our trip.  For the last portion of our trip, we will be staying at the Victory Hotel in Guangzhou.

Here it goes: 
Friday 4/2   fly non-stop from Chicago to Beijing
Saturday 4/3   arrive to Beijing, spend the night at New Day
Sunday 4/4   attend Easter service at New Day, and sight see in Beijing
Monday 4/5   MEET EVAN!  Meet everyone at New Day. 
Tuesday 4/6 Fly to Zhengzhou. Official GOTCHA Day! Civil office in afternoon.
Wednesday 4/7 Get Evan's passport, notary.   Fly to Guangzhou
Thursday 4/8   Medical check and visa
Friday 4/9   Tour Guangzhou
Saturday 4/10   TB test check, shopping....maybe the zoo?
Sunday 4/11   rest
Monday 4/12   Consulate appointment
Tuesday 4/13  Oath
Wednesday 4/14   Pick up  Evan's visa
Thursday 4/15  FLY HOME.   Arrive into Chicago late afternoon.

We are feeling pretty blessed to be the ones chosen to parent this little guy.  We are excited, for Evan to come home...but the kids are REALLY excited.  Every time I tell Jack to get dressed as we are going to "Nanny's" house, he perks up, and asks if Daddy and I are going to get Evan.  

Our paper chain counting the days is up on the wall.  We're working on our paper chains for counting down the days when we are gone.  The kids' itinerary is shaping up to be a regular vacation! 

8 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Oh how I love seeing this posted on here...it makes it so "official"!! :) YEAH!! Yes, one very, very special little boy who is an orphan no more! I am SO excited to see him with his new family. I will never forget the first photos I seen of Evan when he first arrived at NewDay so sick. And to see him now, I can only say "Praise the Lord!!" God is so good and it's wonderful to see how He has changed this little guy's life in such a profound way. And I couldn't be happier about the family he is going "home" to!!

Happy Packing! :)

Love,
Tanya

Valerie and Jeff said...

How real to see your timeline! I can only imagine your excitement ... and how will you contain yourself at the Easter service at New Day when you don't meet Evan until the next day knowing he is so close?! I guess it's all that "patience" you've been refining during the wait. Will you be blogging while you are traveling? We send our prayers for safe and happy travel with you and look forward to many photos and stories of a new life unfurling ahead. Blessings!

Tami said...

How special you'll be able to spend Easter at New Day!! Wow. It's great to see this all written down...makes it so real. I can't wait to follow along and finally see you holding your son.

God bless and enjoy these final days of preparation.

(((hugs)))
T

Mandi said...

I am SO excited for you. Seeing your itenerary makes this all seem so real. I am hoping we will not be too far behind you. Please give our little guy a hug and tell him we are coming.

Hugs,
Mandi

Michelle said...

I am SO happy for you and can't wait to follow along! You are going to love being at New Day; please tell everyone we said hello. Enjoy every minute!

Tara Anderson said...

Oh this is SO exciting!!! I can't wait to follow your journey to China...and FINALLY see Evan in your arms!!!

Jenna said...

Oh, wow....it's been a long road to the starting line, huh?? I am just thrilled that you are finally going to bring Evan home!!!!

Easter in China at New Day??? That's a dream- enjoy every second!!!! I will be so thrilled to follow along!

Heather said...

So glad to see this post!!! YAY!